• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilemma

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
Moving back to my old house hopefully, which I am buying from my ex. It is so full of memories of Bugsy that it is going to be warm and cold a feeling all at the same time. Everytime I go there I can see him hopping around and it kills me inside. I just miss him so much. Anyway... when I lived there before he had his hutch in the lounge and that was that. Now I have Caramel as a house bunny and there are 2 problems here 1: she is huge so i don't want to be shutting her in the hutch over night, but there is nowhere laminated in which I know I can keep her safely without chewing anything. 2: She does not have what we would call erm..... a normal bowel movement and is never a solid current passer. They are always a mess and I know from her previous owner that this is just the way she is. So should I put her back out? Do I make some kind of crate arrangement or what do I do. I have also agreed to take on a dutchie from Cheryl which was all in motion before this move happened. Now he doesn't have to live indoors but I would like him to and I also want to bond him with caramel.... urgh really stressed. Please help me see sense guys xxxxxxx :roll:

Crates can be a bit little small for two bigish bunnies. How about getting a big piece of lino to go over the carpet and putting a pen over that. You don't need a hutch indoors so you could just get a big run and have a box for hiding in. As long as the lion extends slightly outside the pen they should be able to nibble the edges :)

Tam

Hi can't really help ypu with the accomodation but Caramel's bowels maybe I can! :shock: :lol: what do you feed her?
I've had 2 bunnies into the rescue who have always had runny-poo probs....but I've put them on a mixture of 50% SS/ 50% A & P, hay and added Avipro to their water for 4 days and it stopped it both times :D maybe just luck but it worked......
and had a bunny who very recently had a very bad attack of the runs and did the same for her (but also gave her some boiled rice to help), and yep..it worked again...might be worth trying :D

as i said might be just a coincedence but worth a try to stabilise her gut...and she may need some probioctic aded to her water now and then to keep her regular! :D

I've heard several people report that their bunnies have dodgy poop on burgess that clears up after switching to SS or A&P - I guess perhaps that little bit extra fibre makes a difference :)

Is there an understairs cupboard you can convert into a bunny home for when you're not in? I've seen someone do that on another forum and it looked great! Otherwise how about attaching two dog crates together or a crate and a pen?

Good luck with the move xx

Tamsin said:
I've heard several people report that their bunnies have dodgy poop on burgess that clears up after switching to SS or A&P - I guess perhaps that little bit extra fibre makes a difference :)

yep just switching to one of the other mentioned brands might stop it..but if the buns had this problem for a while, then giving their system a boost with some Avipro will help them..also helps support them if they are not keen on the switch of feeds.
I find the mix of 50/50 works best to keep a buns poos big and golden! :shock: They will always eat the SS first, but leave the A & P in their dish and they will eat it..don't top up with SS until they eat the A & P! :D And loads of hay.

Back