• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Martha Has Lost The Use of Her Hind Legs....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
...... :cry: :cry:

Now she can only pull herself about with her front end. I have just had a long chat with Christobel and we feel that although Martha is also showing signs of renal failure she should have Metacam in case there is an inflammatory element to her paralysis. Her days are numbered and we dont want what little time she has left to be painful.
Martha is very content within herself and has Nomad to look after her.
But she is now incontinent, indicating severe deterioration in her condition :cry: :cry:
I will do all I can to keep her comfortable and so will Nomad

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh Jane, I'm sorry. I used to have a bun who was bright and alert but his little body let him down and he lost his back legs too. :cry:

Big hugs to you both

Thank you all for your replies

At least Martha is not distressed and is eating OK.
She seems to become more frail as each hour passes though..... :cry:
Nomad grooms her endlessly, he is a great comfort to her

Picture113.jpg

Janex

:( Oh how sad :( Sending peaceful vibes for both Martha and you. How wonderful Nomad is for taking such good care of his beautiful girl

I am so sorry Jane. That is a lovely picture - bless Nomad helping you to take such good care of her!

Hugs to you all.

Back