• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

edit: they're in love!!!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I have shut Sugarplum and Splodge in the kitchen (otherwise she just ignores him but has to face him in there!!!) I'm having problems bonding them, i'm sure it's partly due to her age :? Splodge is very keen on her and lies next to her licks her but he's desperate for some attention back. Though she's quite relaxed with him and will eat and sleep next to him she won't lick him :( Poor Splodge really needs some attention I can see him getting all fustrated! what can I do to help things along?

I've heard that putting a splodgy of something nasty on the buns head works. Like pureed fruit/baby food. The other bun the starts grooming to get the food.

Some buns have an itchy spot just above their tail that when scratched makes them lick that can work too.

Tam

I tried putting mashed banana behind malibus ears. It didnt work though! Its horrible when one wants attention and the other doesnt give it! malibu just wanted to cuddle and he wasnt haveing any of it.

hope it works

well she's still not licking him but she is sniffing and chasing a bit!

Next problem is that he is an outdoor bunny she is an indoor bunny so do I keep them in or out :roll:

Do I keep them together tonight or do i separate them again (as she's still a bit unsure and he keeps sitting by the back door?) and try them together again tomorrow night in the hope that she'll get more responsive :roll: too many desicions!

I was just about to put him back outside when she ran up and gave him kisses, i can't separate them now! I think poor Splodge is torn between Sugarplum and his hutch though as he loves it outside!

I'm going to be brave and leave them together tonight, fingers crossed everything goes ok, I have a feeling there's going to be a poo party in my lounge tonight :shock:

things are going really well she'd rather be with him than me :cry: I kept them both in the house overnight let them out in the garden this morning for a run, Splodge showed her to his hutch and they both refused to come out so they spent the day outside. I was quite worried about her stuck outside in a cold hutch in the rain today but i've just come home from work brought her back in the house for a cuddle and she hopped straight out again :shock: I think I've lost my house bunny :cry: but i guess at least i have 2 happy bunnies :D I've never not had a house bunny, might have to bring Fudge in :lol:

Back