• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EEEEK....Pee stain on my new cream rug

Alice

Warren Scout
Of all the places Myla could have had a little mishap...it just happened to be my new cream rug....nice orangy pee spots....so there was me with the carpet shampoo this morning but hasn't seemed to work :(

Anyone have any tried and tested ways to get rid of bunny pee stains on a wool rug?

Alice said:
Of all the places Myla could have had a little mishap...it just happened to be my new cream rug....nice orangy pee spots....so there was me with the carpet shampoo this morning but hasn't seemed to work :(

Anyone have any tried and tested ways to get rid of bunny pee stains on a wool rug?

Snap! I've got loads now :D apparently cider vinegar works well and also stops them reating the offence.
I hav found that if you can catch it when its wet that just a wet sponge seems to work. If you wet the spot and then sort of suck up the water with the sponge. It was more effective than stain remover on my lovely cream rug.

OMG I wish I knew the answer to this one! I tried everything to get pee stains out of our brand new cream carpet and the Vanish spray worked but unfortunately it seemed to bleach the carpet as well as removing the stain so now we have a white patch right in the centre of the carpet :roll: somehow it seems to look worse than the pee did.....

Bundle said:
OMG I wish I knew the answer to this one! I tried everything to get pee stains out of our brand new cream carpet and the Vanish spray worked but unfortunately it seemed to bleach the carpet as well as removing the stain so now we have a white patch right in the centre of the carpet :roll: somehow it seems to look worse than the pee did.....
Just rub a bit of dirt into it :wink: my rug has sort of fried egg sploges on it with orange then bright white where I have tried to clean it then the gruby cream of the rest of the rug. It does look worse doesn't it. Oh well!

LOL Isabel! :lol: :lol: What sort of dirt would you recommend in particular? I did think about doing that but couldn't make up my mind what to use :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just did a little internet search...and heard that White vinegar is supposed to do the trick so might try that on a small area tonight......will let you know the outcome :)...I so know how to have fun on a Monday evening lol

Oh Alice I tried that as well but possibly too late as all it did was make the carpet and room stink like a chip shop! :lol: :lol: white vinegar is fab for cleaning bunny litter trays though :wink:

I would try it anyway before you put anything chemical on it - I think my mistake was using the Vanish! should have tried the vinegar beforehand... :roll:

Pee Stain Removal - UPDATE

Just an update - the white vinegar worked fab.....cap full on....left for a few mins then soaked back up with kitchen roll. But Myla after smelling the vinegar and deciding it didn't smell to good decided to do another one at the other end of the rug, so the living room was aroma of vinegar last night...mmmm lovely. She has now been banished from the rug for the time being......and has been have major sulks..... poor bun.

Bundle said:
LOL Isabel! :lol: :lol: What sort of dirt would you recommend in particular? I did think about doing that but couldn't make up my mind what to use :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know, I'll do an experiment on the many patches on my rug and let you know :lol:

Alice, thats marvellous. I'm defiantely going to try that!

Back