• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amy going for X-Rays today

nicolar

Mama Doe
Amy is off to the vets tomorrow for a GA, X-Rays and prob a spay. I'm very worried for my little girly and can't wait for it all to be over! She has had what I think is blood in her urine for the past couple of weeks so she is to have an X-Ray to see what is going on and depending upon what they find will be spayed while she is under as well.

I'm hoping they can spay her as I've been putting that off for ages but now she needs a GA to have X-Rays they may as well do it while she is under, and I've geared myself up for it!!

Positive vibes for my little munchkin pls.

Nicola

Vibes for Amy! It makes good sense to get her spayed while she is having a GA anyway - get everything over in one go so she can recover. Good luck at the vets tomorrow, will be thinking of you both. Vicki x

Thanks everybody! Yes I couldn't have her going under 2 anaesthetics so hopefully all will be done 2moro! She is sitting in her hutch at mo looking quite happy - little does she know the day she is in 4 2moro, bless her!

Amy now at the vets. Am very nervous and can't wait for half past 2 to come around so I can ring to see how she is!!

Thank you Ali + Donna :) Mum has given me a list of jobs to do so I can keep myself busy + make time go quicker!!

Thanks Jane and kayjay :D Keep those vibes coming!! Well I've got through 3 hours of my torturous wait now - only 2 hours til I can ring the vet!!

Have had a long bath + sorted my hair out - tidying of the bedroom is now waiting as is unloading the dishwasher and drying up!! Oh and I have a behaviour presentation that I need to sort out!!

Lots to do but all I can think about is Amy!

DSCF1001.jpg

Here's my little munchkin - can't wait to get her home!

Nicola

Awww she's adorable :love: :love: sending loads more vibes.... not long till you can ring up now! let us know how she gets on. Vicki x

I know, isn't she such a cutie!! (I know I'm biased but still!) Yep will let you know how she is, only 1 hour and 15 mins left til I can ring the vet!!!

I hope they have got her done, as when Pippa went in for an op about 2 years ago, they had had an emergency in + hadn't been able to do her til the afternoon, so I rang at half 2 all excited cos I was sure she must have got through it OK, only to be told I had to wait another couple of hours!! That was torture!

I know exactly how you feel - when Weedie was having his op last week I was told to ring at 1pm and he hadn't been done, then the receptionist called at 2.15pm and said the vet wanted to talk to me - my heart sank and I started shaking. Fortunately he was fine and I was able to bring him home the same night. God they're a worry aren't they? I'm sure she'll be fine though :D

Yeah they are such a worry! I was half expecting a call cos she was having X-Rays and my vet said she would call me if it was anything like bladder stones, so we could chat about what she should do. I expect though if it was anything to do with her uterus she prob would just go straight in and spay as I had agreed to that. I keep sitting here thinking oh she must be done by now, but if they had an emergency she may well still be waiting to be done! Hurry up the next hour!!

I'm gonna be grey by end of this week as I have an interview for behaviour position at work (I'd still be in my current role but be doing behaviour work with the dogs too) - I'm very nervous about that!!

How is Weedie now?

Nicola

Back