• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Pellets?

Which Pellets Do you Use?

• Burgess Supa Rabbit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allen and Page

• Science Selective

• Dodson and Horrel

• Other

• Total voters

kaskaskia

Alpha Buck
I'm thinking of changing the pellets my buns are on. They are currently on P@H pellets for the simple reason that that was what Benjamin was on when I got him and I've never changed it, as they don't get many pellets anyway.
So.... I think I can gather from here that Science Selective is good, also Burgess and Allen and Page? Which one does everyone reccomend?

mine started out on Burgess Excel, then i changed them to SS and then onto A&P which is cheaper and has higher fibre. Their poops are alot bigger on A&P and its easier to get hold of near me

Yep Allen and Page for my buns (though Princess has small amount of Excel mixed in as she loves it and I don't think A+P is quite so tasty - though Amy doesn't complain!)

All of ARC's rabbits are fed on Oxbow Bunny Basic T it is an excellent pellet and one which has the highest fibre content which is essential if you want to maintain gut motility. More details on fibre content can be found on http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/care/rabbitfood.asp. Whilst it is a really good food it is one which is more difficult to get hold of from normal shops, however it can easily be found on line.

You will find that availability will play a large role in your choice unless you are happy to buy via the net.

^Yeah, that!

I feed Oxbow Bunny Basics/T. It's fabulous! Although it's much easier for me to find as I live in the US.

Buying through the net isn't a problem, although is postage expensive? Which sites do you use? Does Allen and Page have high fibre content as well?

Mine are on Burgess, it's the only decent one that my local petshop stocks, but the bunnies seem to love it anyways! :wink:

I have a feeling that the pets at home pellets are Burgess in a PAH bag :wink: Have a look at the ingredients/nutrition information and I think you'll find it's the same.

I feed SS, I tried A&P but mine don't like it as much plus it seemed to set Santa's snuffles off for some unknown reason, so I swapped back to SS and the buns are much happier. Because they are all good grazers and I don't have any poop problems, I'm very happy with it.

Oh its so confusing this is why it has taken me so long to change them, I just don't know what ones to give them. I can get Burgess in P@H, and I can get SS in a new pet supplies trade store near me (I thought they didn't sell animals so was all for buying from them but when I was in there they brough out a FERRET and were letting all the kids hold him... not sure how I felt about that.... poor little thing)... but I havn't seen any A+P anywhere

A&P is from a horse food manufacturer so you can only really get it in farm shops. There may be an occasional person who can get a sack and split it down, but unless you can find someone to split it with, you'd probably have to get a 20kg sack from a farm shop or online supplier.

Mine are doing well on Bunny Basics. :) I have also long thought that PAH nuggets for piggies and bunnies are just Excel repackaged! :)

Maybe I should just stick to P@H ones then, if they are pretty much the same as Excel, as its easy for me to get hold of them.
Change of subject, I recently bought a treat ball and its soooooooo much fun watching them trying to get the food out! :lol:

I could watch them all day

kaskaskia said:
Maybe I should just stick to P@H ones then, if they are pretty much the same as Excel, as its easy for me to get hold of them.
Change of subject, I recently bought a treat ball and its soooooooo much fun watching them trying to get the food out! :lol:

I could watch them all day

I bought mine one too! It's great watching them fly around with it, (although Pebble can't really work it :roll: , she just follows the other two around sneakily and hoovers the food up :lol: LOL)

I bought mine one too! It's great watching them fly around with it, (although Pebble can't really work it , she just follows the other two around sneakily and hoovers the food up LOL)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back