• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Lara-I Feel So Mean....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Lara is way too FAT!! So I am now having to seperate her from her beloved Old Bill whilst he has his SS Pellets. Lara is on a Hay and Veg ONLY diet and Old Bill cant eat much hay as his teeth are in such a poor state. So he needs a good portion of the SS 3 times a day to keep his weight on.
Lara looks at me in disbelief as I put a barrier across their pen to stop her getting at the SS :(
I have tried taking her out of the pen but then Old Bill frets and wont eat :?
Every time I take the barrier down Lara runs around thumping as she goes. She is VERY cross with me.... :cry:

Janex

What if you just reward her with a tiny handful once the barrier comes down,. I notice with mine that once they have had just a small handful of pellets, they immediately start chomping on their hay. I need someone to put a barrier up between me and the fridge :lol:

Awwwww Jane don't feel bad. I am having to do the same thing with Zion and Fia as Zi is such a piggy he finishes his pellets and then attacks hers. She has lost some weight since her spay and she is slower at eating and doesn't like eating all her pellets in one sitting so I have to separate them.

I am starting to think she isn't overly keen on the A&P pellets. I just gave her some SS I had spare in the cupboard and she liked those so may try her with some of those in with her A&P later today and see what she prefers.

Don't feel bad. It's for her own good. :)

Shiv

Back