• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oh no!!!!! with pics of officially the coldest place in UK!

lucyj

Mama Doe
The hinges on the roof of H & H's hutches have been a bit bent for a little while, and the other day they broke, so I've jst been hooking the latch at the front, thn the tarpauline I put right up over the top is pretty heavy, and I hook it down with tent pegs, a few brocks, cermaic tiles, everything I have that's heavy.

Thought it's be ok til I get 2 B & Q 2mo to get some hinges.

Had 2 go to work at 6pm and thy were fine, while I was at work a really heavy wind got up, came home at 10pm and everything had blown off, the tarpauline and the roof. They were just sitting there with no cover. :cry: I feel awful, Im so worried about them. They were wet, so it must have been raining, so dried them off with a blanket, changed their bedding, and re-heated their snuggle safe. Took the bog tarpauline off and put on the little one so could put all the bricks and everything on the rrof to hold it down.

Seems 2 b holding ok. Im jst so worried about Harly, with his myxi, and the threat of pneumonia or something - and getting wet :(. He didn't seem 2 b wet right in2 his skin but still, my poor babies, i feel awful. He hoped straight on2 the snugglesafe the minute I put it in.

He will b ok won't he? I can't believe I didn't jst get a taxi and go 2 B & Q. Was waitin til 2mo for transport :(

Hi there. Don't cut yourself up about it. I don't know where you are in Scotland but I know we had a terrible stormy night in the Central belt.

My bunnies are covered with tarpaulin which is stapled down but the wind has managed to rip a bit up. Nicole and I were just saying yesterday how depressing their houses/runs look when its raining.

Hope they are feeling ok. I'm sure it wouldn't cause them any harm. You are giving them brilliant care. You never know, they probably enjoyed it for the short time it happened!

Fiona x

yeah they seem 2 b ok this morning, harly sneezed but he has been doing that with the myxi anyway, but not for a few days, so Ill jst keep an eye on it :)

Hi there. Don't cut yourself up about it. I don't know where you are in Scotland but I know we had a terrible stormy night in the Central belt.

Im in Peterhead, right on the tip of the north east coast, bout 40miles north east of aberdeen, officially known to be the stormiest place in britain, as it's surrounded on 3 sides by the sea, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lucyj wrote:
officially known to be the stormiest place in britain, as it's surrounded on 3 sides by the sea, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sounds Great!

m
xx

ps.

:lol: lol, do u want to swap, hahahaha

here is home for those of u who might wnt 2 see :)-

AerialView.jpg

I live about 5 mins walk from the beach you see right in the middle, if u look closely just above the beach right round about the middle thr's wht looks like 3 little lines, right at the top of the right hand 1 of them is my house and I walk down tht road 2 get the bus in the mornings

here's a close up of the beach -

Peterheadbeach.jpg

looks way warmer than it is! I have to catch the bus from right beside here in the mornings and trust me it's brrrrrrrrr!

Oh sorry if they're huge I couldn't get them to re-size :)

I know that coastline pretty well.....I was in the RAF at Buchan for a couple of years....and yes the weather can get pretty hairy!

.......memories....some brilliant and some..well...not so good...funny how you tend to remember the good though! :D

that looks so beautiful, I'm very jealous I think Nottingham/Derby is the furthest away from the sea you can get!

IsabelM said:
that looks so beautiful, I'm very jealous I think Nottingham/Derby is the furthest away from the sea you can get!

It is, I'm from Nottingham originally and I can now get to the sea from where I live in 30 mins, so I take delight in texting everyone in Nottm I know telling them I'm by the sea on a hot sunny day :lol:

How's Harley today??

He's doin ok, even aftr his drenching, Ill go update in the post about him okie dokes :)

know that coastline pretty well.....I was in the RAF at Buchan for a couple of years....and yes the weather can get pretty hairy!

.......memories....some brilliant and some..well...not so good...funny how you tend to remember the good though!

so u'll prob b quite well acquianted with the Pier 2/Granada then....... :D :lol: . I used 2 work in the West End bar and we had a fair few RAF ppl coming in there too, and I used 2 go out with a Chef with errrm letters.SAC chef or sumthin? :L. . The town really misses Buchan like...it made a big impact. It's still jst lying empty :(. U'll know what I mean thn, whn i was saying about how bad the myxi is here.....thr's NO rabbits in the camp or around about the power station, thr used 2 b loads

so I take delight in texting everyone in Nottm I know telling them I'm by the sea on a hot sunny day

prob is we don't get many of them here - hmmm perhaps a week in August when u might b able 2 sit by the sea without gettin blown away, but should still have signs up - 'Do not put feet in the water, severe danger frostbite and loss of toes may occur'

Hi there. I love it up your way, despite the weather

Used to have family in New Deer/Ellon. Brilliant part of the land!

Fiona x

just to add-the weather on the west coast of scotland has been freezing and wind blowing a gale but having lived on the north east coast of scotland before i know it's even colder there!
i have that rippled perspex stuff attached as the roof of my buns runs and i honestly thought it was going to get blown off the other night..........the corner of it was flapping like mad and i think a bit of it has ripped...oh well another trip to B+Q!

Back