• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Storage box litter trays?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Ive seen that some people use storage boxes as litter trays as they have high sides to keep mess in.

Id like to get one for Audrey and Rowan but am not convinced they will be able to hop over the sides easily- has anyones buns struggled?

thanks x

cut the side down with a hack saw then smooth edges and cover in thick layers of duct tape (mine havent attempted to chew it) :wink: :wink: :wink:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=32597&highlight=

(i would either leave the lid off or fix it down as my buns have now worked out how to push the lid off :roll:

hope that helps :D

p.s. mine can jump over the side of the 29" high pen so i wouldnt worry to much about getting over the side of the tray

EDIT: yours would probably need a bigger tray than mine (sorry dont know how big rexs are :oops: ) but the principal is the same :D

my three all manage them! I have one ordinary box shaped one and two underbed storage boxes which means they have lower sides. I got my the underbed ones from Wilkinsons for £2.49 each.. they are pretty big ones!
heres fifi in one of them.. the angle of photo doesnt really show how big they are but gives u an idea.
bunnyroom2.jpg

I just turfed the stuff out of one of my underbed storage boxes to use as a litter tray... stopped my dad moaning that I was spending too much :lol:

Back