• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I AM HORRIFIED

I agree the breeder cages are terrible and cruel :( ...but a lot of the other ones, especially the indoor ones, are fine :)

I am a member of that forum and yes, a lot of the American members have quite different view than us. The large majority of them keep their buns inside, but over here this doesn't seem to be very common.

But as a member, i have to say, it is generally a good forum, maybe you should look at some of the other threads on there :)

bunny_burrows said:
Although I agree with you I don't think it's really fair to be 'forum bashing' other rabbit forums. :?

I dont think anyone's bashing, Im sure its a great forum (had never heard of it before) :)

:shock: :shock:
:evil: :evil:

Cant belive it!! Cant really see one set up that looks great!!

m
xx

Please keep in mind that the first pages are very old, and also that hutches of decent size are not available in the US. The largest I've ever seen for sale are maybe 3 ft long if that. Indoor cage size is more a matter of education- many people buy the pet store cages then learn better and get a dog crate, x-pen, etc. Fortunately NIC cages (shelving grid cages) have become much more popular in the US and on the Rabbits Only forum.

As for the breeders, there's not much we can usually do about that. The forum was based on rabbit owners of all types learning from each other, and I must say that some of the breeders have been instrumental in helping newbies learn good rabbit care. There are hardly any breeders now compared to a few years ago though.

This thread is much more popular now, and many new members quickly convert to this style of cage once they see pics of our happy buns. Actually I think this is the most common style of cage now.
http://rabbits-forums.com/view_topic.php?id=15348&forum_id=21

Edit: Cheekytiki let me know if your email does not come soon. Are you sure you put your email addy in correctly? I am an Admin there and I might be able to fumble around and fix things. :lol:

Back