• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

opinions needed on best housing set up for 2 bunnies

vanessa

Warren Scout
I am going to get something made to house 2 rabbits along the lines of a wooden dog run/kennel, eg, a wooden roof, back and sides with welded mesh on most of the front. I was going to buy a standard sized one, but it was an inch too big for the space I have - typical! The space I have available is 4 ft x nearly 8 ft. Which of the following would be best use of space for buns, an enclosed indoor section of 4 ft x 2 or 3 ft with a catflap to the run section which would be 4 ft x 5 or 6 ft or a six foot hutch just placed in the run on a stand which would mean the rabbits would have virtually 8 ft of run space? My other idea was a ramp going up to an enclosed indoor section of 4 ft x 2.5 ft so they get the full use of the space underneath? If I haven't confused you all, which do you think would be best? Thanks

Hiya,

Quite a few members have sheds with catflaps to a run, the benefit of that is you can sit inside in the dry and play with the bunnies.

Rabbits enjoy jumping on top of things so if you had a hutch at floor level rather than a ramp they'd sit on top too so they'd get as much space as if you had one of legs and they could sit underneath. So it doesn't make much difference :) It's a good idea to have atleast short legs so that the base isn't sitting on damp ground.

Tam

Back