• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

After 6 months it's happened....

kitschkitty

Mama Doe
Deej has learnt how to climb the stairs!

He'd been in a very naughty mood all evening and was driving my OH barmy! :roll:

We had always felt very lucky that since becoming a house bun Deej had never taken any interest in the stairs.

Then last night my OH popped out & I couldn't find Deej anywhere - I was scared he'd somehow got out of the house (silly of me as the front room door was closed, but when you're panicking you don't notice). :oops:

Couldn't find him anywhere till I heard a noise - looked up and there he was on the landing! :shock:

Luckily he hadn't gone in the bedrooms *Shudders at the thought of all those computer cables and stuff stored in the spare room*

Then Deej spent the next quarter of an hour going up and down the stairs faster and faster till our curry was delivered and we popped him in his cage! He likes to steal anything he can get in his mouth and sadly curry is no exception! :lol:

:lol: Blue is an indoor bun and he learnt to jump the stairs from top to bottom in two huge leaps in about 3 days :shock:

We have to keep the upstairs doors all shut when he's running about :roll:

TRacey x

my last several rabbits, ea. one took them about 2 mth., some less than 2 mth., may be 1 mth. At the beginning, they are afraid looking down that stair, but once they are used to it, they are good. My rabbit Goofball, she can hop up and down w/o noise so I can't hear her go up or down.

wow 6 months!
it took my girl about a year lol - thats just cos she didnt know what they were, and after she had spent time in a double hutch, she discovered! lol... once the start they wont stop!!! LOL- so you are in for a treat!

Bundle cottoned on to stairs really quick and she loves flying up and down :lol: :lol: Weedie hasn't managed it yet but I'm sure he will..... :roll:

Gus was the same - i really didnt think he would manage stairs as we started off in a flat - it took a couple of months but one day he went "missing" and there he was on the landing. It took a while longer before he could come down.

Lola, bless, can climb up the stairs but not back down (she's too big i think). Bracken hasnt got a clue what stairs are!

Frida took all of 2 DAYS before she discovered stairs and she can clear them in about 2 seconds flat! She runs up and down them winding Lola up!

Cleo quickly found out how to go upstairs. She can still get to the top quicker than I can and she only has three legs. Unfortunately she can't come downstairs, with a front leg missing her brakes don't work properly. She knows she can't do it so she waits for me to carry her.

My first bun Hizzy learnt to go up the stairs but not down! I'd find him marooned and slightly distressed on the landing, bring him down and he'd be straight up again! :roll: Had to barricade with boxes after that! Bella on the other hand, in the last house up and down the stairs all the time. Since moving to this house, she's not even interested! Not once. BB not interested in stairs, but interested in the kitchen and bathroom beyond. So more barracades...

aww what a little rascal! Bless, sounds like my Fudge, she's stolen plenty, weird they are the same breed and colour.... :? :lol: Maybe long lost twins :lol:

Back