• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is it ok 2 give Harly paracetamol or asprin or sumthing?

lucyj

Mama Doe
Ive ran out of his Metacam, silly me I know but it's with the bottle being opaque and the stuff so thick you cant see or hear how much is inside. He jst got half a dose yesterday morning, and none today, and he's a little miserable, not 2 bad but a little.

I could get more if I gave my mum petrol money or got the bus to Strichen Surgery (about 16miles away) but then thr's goin 2 b a dispensing charge because it's a sunday, and I cant really afford that just now with vets costs mounting up already (obv if he was really miserable I'd jst do it) so....

Is thr anythin Id hav in the house tht I could give him a tiny bit of? Like a little bit of paracetamol or asprin diluted in water?

The vet did tell me on weds to take him off the metacam for a few days but if he was miserable to put him back on, so didnt have any weds or thurs mornin but thurs he wasnt so active and a bit miserable sat in his bed all day so put him back on thurs eve.

Or will he b ok til 2mo? Ill phone the vets first thing but it's normally lunchtime before can pick prescription up.

Aww sorry Lucy I don't know but if your vet said to try him off it I wouldn't panic. I know you can give guinea pigs a small amount of calpol (children's paracetamol) but I don't know re rabbits, hopefully someone will be along soon.

Give Harley a noserub from me xx

I woud NOT give him Aspirin or Paracetamol

I know some people on here give Calpol (which contains paracetamol) but my Vet is not happy about it being given to Bunnies.
If he appears OK in himself today I'd just get him some Metacam ASAP tomorrow

Janex

I agree with Jane. Just try and make him comfortable and make sure he is eating and pooing. If you think he is having problems call the out of hours vet.

Yep so far he's eating and stuff fine, ws the same the 2 days lst week he was off it, but was jst a bit miserable like I say. it's late now anyway so I'll jst hang off and get some 2morro.

Thanks guys :)

Back