• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rare breed...what is it? *Updated*

Beebop

Warren Veteran
Whilst up at my local rescue sorting out work experience, I saw a very unusal rabbit. I can't for the life of me remember its name, all I know is it was called a 'Red _____' I think the missing part was an English county or something. I don't have a photo, but the rabbit was medium sized, a lovely deep red colur with black tips to its ears, which were upright, not a lop. It also had black guard hairs through its red coat. It was the most gorgeous rabbit I've ever seen, anyone have any ideas what it could be?

No, wasn't a Belgium hare, and haha no certainly isn't cheese! :lol: As for a thriantra, nope, cause the thing I remember is its black tips on the ears..... :?

was it a sussex?

sussex.jpg

Was the colour anything like my Ginger? Cos I'd love to know what she is. Orange is the best suggestion anyone could come up with on this site! :lol:

CIMG3504.jpg

chloaster said:
Was the colour anything like my Ginger? Cos I'd love to know what she is. Orange is the best suggestion anyone could come up with on this site! :lol:

CIMG3504.jpg

Mine :twisted:

deilanaar sounds right to me :) lovely breed colour of a belgian hare, but medium coated and stocky... but if its a rescue much more likely to be a mix...

p.s. ginger looks like a thrianta... colour is red

Well turns out its a Red Devon...a breed which doesn't exist according to google.... :oops: :lol: Must just be a mix! :lol:

Beebop said:
Well turns out its a Red Devon...a breed which doesn't exist according to google.... :oops: :lol: Must just be a mix! :lol:

Hang On!! I have heard of a Red Devon..... :?

*Goes to rummage through Bunny Books*......

Janex

Back