• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need to get a new pet carrier

Sue&Sooty

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone got any ideas where I can get a big pet carrier? :idea:
I had to send my one up when I did the W & W bun run to Emma and need to replace it. Problem I have is that money is a bit tight at the moment what with Christmas coming :?

xEMMAx said:
I have this one for Clio and Jasp... http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/detail.aspx?ID=1770

Think it's brill!! :D Quite big... can fit those 2 in and there's spare room (and they aren't the smallest bunnies!)

That company is really good too... put a big order in with them last week and came in a couple of days :thumb:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That looks a bit out of this world!! Bit Star Trecky!!

m
xx

I'd love that one but don't have enough spare cash at the moment :(

I've only got a max of £15 to spend at the moment. I could wait I suppose and save up some more money but am just a bit worried about not having a carrier here at all now. :?

mit said:
xEMMAx said:
I have this one for Clio and Jasp... http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/detail.aspx?ID=1770

Think it's brill!! :D Quite big... can fit those 2 in and there's spare room (and they aren't the smallest bunnies!)

That company is really good too... put a big order in with them last week and came in a couple of days :thumb:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That looks a bit out of this world!! Bit Star Trecky!!

m
xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Looks better in real life! :D

For anyone able to splash out a little, I also have the 'pet cargo carrier' from Pet Supplies. (Arrived next day - very good service).

It is excellent - with both a top and front opening. I get both my rabbits in very comfortably. The top opening makes handling my rabbits very easy.

It had its first outing Friday and got positive comments from both the vet (who had not seen this model before) and another member of staff.

When you compare the price of pet carriers on the high street, the value for the technology is really good!

Cara

The Atlas cat carriers aren't too badly priced, think they start around £13 for the smaller ones (but Nina and Joey fitted in with space, and Nina's a dwarf lop sized cross and Joey was a big mini lop)
Or those homeware-y stores (the kind with all the storage boxes, baskets, etc for cheap) often sell pet accessories and I've seen a few cheap carriers in those kind of shop

cara said:
For anyone able to splash out a little, I also have the 'pet cargo carrier' from Pet Supplies. (Arrived next day - very good service).

It is excellent - with both a top and front opening. I get both my rabbits in very comfortably. The top opening makes handling my rabbits very easy.

It had its first outing Friday and got positive comments from both the vet (who had not seen this model before) and another member of staff.

When you compare the price of pet carriers on the high street, the value for the technology is really good!

Cara

That the same one I recommended a few posts up? ;)

Everyone who's seen mine (inc vet) has said how good it is :D :D I got it when it was brand new in May and it's been on quite a few trips and still looks like new :thumb:

Sometimes Lidl's have them in, that is where I got mine from and it was only £2.99; otherwise try the pound shop's, I don't think they're more than a fiver and just as good as the more expensive ones!

have you tried wilkinsons? when i was looking in there for mine they had some in there and deff around your price range. i ended up getting mine from a new store here which does pet supplies while getting other bits.

I've only got a max of £15 to spend at the moment. I could wait I suppose and save up some more money but am just a bit worried about not having a carrier here at all now

Do you have anyone that you could borrow one from if you need to, until you save enough to buy one you want?

bumble3130 said:
have you tried wilkinsons? when i was looking in there for mine they had some in there and deff around your price range. i ended up getting mine from a new store here which does pet supplies while getting other bits.

We don't have any Wilkos in this neck of the woods :(

sillyrabbit said:
Do you have anyone that you could borrow one from if you need to, until you save enough to buy one you want?

Thats the problem you see, everyone else tends to borrow mine cos they haven't got one.

I might give my local animal shelter a call, I'm sure I remember someone telling me they sometimes have some 2nd hand ones for sale.

Another good place to look is in local charity shops, one near us has quite a number for sale. Certainly small animal rescues often can help. If you were nearer me I have a couple for sale.

How Close is Hampshire to Berkshire?

I have one you can have, its only been used a few times and its not huge but its yours if you need it.

my o/h lives in berkshire and im seeing him on thursday, maybe we could arrange for you to get it?

xxx

Back