• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Over-use of the 'Wink' Emoticon Thread -(Single Buns etc

I would have him like a shot if I had the room. I wonder how he would get on with other boys? He's absolutely lovely :D
If anyone wins the lottery tonight will you buy me a bigger house please so's I can take some more buns in? :D :lol:

Oh wow, he's gorgeous :love: I'd love another rabbit as company for Jacob (who despite the name is a girl :lol: ) but she isn't neutered yet and she's also an outdoor rabbit, plus I'm a long way from Essex :( Awww. I have such a soft spot for lionheads :oops:

What a shame - I would have loved to have given Archie his forever home :love: I hope he finds that special someone soon, he deserves a wondeful home :love:

Suzi Wong said:
Seems

We don't quite fit the criteria :?

please dont dramatise this to be something it is NOT, it states clearly on my web site that i DONT rehome bunnies to be solo, it wasnt personal and i told you that :roll: :roll: :roll:

bunnylove said:
Suzi Wong said:
Seems

We don't quite fit the criteria :?

please dont dramatise this to be something it is NOT, it states clearly on my web site that i DONT rehome bunnies to be solo, it wasnt personal and i told you that :roll: :roll: :roll:

And My response was perfectly normal....

Please don't dramatise "Yourself" into being more than a rabbit rescue.....there are "Thousands" of other rabbits out there looking for a home......."Yours is not the only rescue" :D :D :D

you out up a confused face when i gave you an reasonable explanation.

and how did i interpret that i thought i was the more than a rabbit rescue :?

I don't remember out upping a confused face ever Eve.

The fact is...You didn't offer to give Archie a chance here with Oscar, but that's your perogative :D :D :D

You carry on making people happy

Way ta go girl :thumb:

Why does everything on RU seem to turn into an argument. It's getting so depressing coming on here when I thought the whole point of the site was to unite rabbit owners to be able to rehome rabbits. Sometimes I get the feeling that rabbit rescues have such high criteria it's a miracle a rabbit ever gets rehomed thereby putting potential owners off and sending them straight into the arms of petshops or breeders. I do understand that there have to be certain basic criteria but also feel there should be flexibility according to circumstances.

I have to say, I agree - I'd always thought of this place as really friendly, compared to some other forums I've been on. Not so sure these days. :(

Aww, I'm relatively new but I think I can say with confidence that this is a friendly forum, certainly in my experience anyway.

I don't know Suzi Wong or Eve so I'm not biased towards either party, but I have to say that being objective and going from her posts on here, I'm sure that Eve has sound reasons for hesitating to rehome Archie in this instance. I don't know what those are and it's not my place to know, but I will say that I think rescues have a very difficult job to do. It must be very hard to ensure that every home you find for an animal in need is exactly right for the needs of that individual animal. Archie might have other needs that we are not aware of - perhaps because of his coat he has to be an indoor rabbit, or maybe he needs to be matched with a rabbit of a very particular temperament. We just don't know, so I don't think anyone should read too much into it here. She has already stated that it wasn't personal and I'm sure these sort of decisions rarely are.

Suzi Wong, I hope you find the perfect friend for both you and Oscar very soon, I'm sure you will make that special bun very very happy indeed :D

Morrigan1981 said:
Aww, I'm relatively new but I think I can say with confidence that this is a friendly forum, certainly in my experience anyway.

I don't know Suzi Wong or Eve so I'm not biased towards either party, but I have to say that being objective and going from her posts on here, I'm sure that Eve has sound reasons for hesitating to rehome Archie in this instance. I don't know what those are and it's not my place to know, but I will say that I think rescues have a very difficult job to do. It must be very hard to ensure that every home you find for an animal in need is exactly right for the needs of that individual animal. Archie might have other needs that we are not aware of - perhaps because of his coat he has to be an indoor rabbit, or maybe he needs to be matched with a rabbit of a very particular temperament. We just don't know, so I don't think anyone should read too much into it here. She has already stated that it wasn't personal and I'm sure these sort of decisions rarely are.

Suzi Wong, I hope you find the perfect friend for both you and Oscar very soon, I'm sure you will make that special bun very very happy indeed :D

hi there, my reasons for not rehoming archie to this particular home are quite simple but not personal to suzi wong.

Archie has only been her a short time and is a five yeear old bunny, he is currently here being accessed and then will visit the vets to see how his future will pan out, i put him on the forum because normally harder to rehome bunnies take a while to rehome so i asdvertise easier so they get more coverage, i very rarely put my bunnies on the forum but he is so cute! i thought you may like to coo over him :D

my reason for turning this home down was also simple, i do not rehome bunnies to live on there own or along side other bunnies, thats one polcy that will never change in my book due to the fact i think rabbits are sociable animals and deserve a companion where possible, for the record thats not to say that i think other rescues are bad because they dont it just a polcy i feel strongly about for my own rescues.

if there was a chance that another pairing could happen if he didnt get on with the owners bunnies i am willing to try but in this case it was not.

therefore i would required the bunny to come back here if the bonding didnt work and it is a long way to go just to try.

also a bunny that has possible future health problems i personally like to rehome within a reasonable distance just incase!

i am sorry suzi felt put out by it but i had my reasons....

as for someone mentioning that they are suprised a rescue rehome any bunnies with polcies, i feel i work to dame hard and spend to much money to give people bunnies just because they want them, if the home is not right for that particular bunny then they dont go...

Eve x

Back