• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just been looking in pet shops

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
to buy my buns pellets (finally got some YAY!!) and they were selling 'miniature dwarf lionhead rabbits' they were sooo tiny (and cute) (about 1/2 the size of their regular lionheads) not very happy seeing them for sale there :cry: but they were cute im glad i have my buns our i might have gone against my better judgment and bought all 3 right there just so they wouls be getting decent care (they were very very fluffy)
poor bunnies (they were 'available now' and would have easily sat in the palm of my hand they were so small :( )

p.s. didnt buy anything from that pet shop got my pellets elsewhere

it must be a new craze as our local petshop has these odd looking very fluffy bunnies that look about 6 weeks old but are infact 8 weeks old.mini dwarf lops.I asked if they were just mini lops but they said no???? :shock:

:roll: It wouldn't surprise me if they rack up very high vet bills for teeth issues. Anytime breeders start producing animals very over or under size it results in health problems :roll:

i must admit i didnt realise they did just was one of the two shops i had been told sell A&P pellets so went to look and there was these buns :( although i do hsop at PAH still as they have loads of stuff i cant get elsewhere and i don't think the buns are in too bad a condition, loads of hay, clean water, large pens with and open hutch so they can hide (although most of them are flopped out on their sides with their legs sticking miles out the back :lol: ) the do have one giant who is in a bigger enclosure although still not really big enough but they regularly walk him round the store on a harness and lead you can tell he is used to it they dragged everywhere to go and meet everyone :lol:

honeybunny said:
It's sad..very upsetting to see animals in shops....so my advice...don't go in pet shops which sell animals!

I can second that!!! I walked past one near me and saw Willow who was very sick. I could leave him in the shop, he has bad teeth problems so it's cost us a fortune in vets bills and now we need to do some remodling of the bunny shed to fit him in! Sold some of my boyfriends stuff on ebay to cover the bills :lol: :lol: i am so glad we got him though, no matter how much it's cost :D

It's sad..very upsetting to see animals in shops....so my advice...don't go in pet shops which sell animals!

All the pet shops near me sell bunnies. Apart from one tiny one, which doesnt sell rabbit food :roll:

My bet- they're just younger than normal. :roll:

My hubby fell in love with the most beautiful baby bun at the pet store the other day. Huge feet, huge ears, couldn't have been over 6 weeks old (we have no law about selling rabbits at the right age), and labeled as a dwarf. Looked very much like a red New Zealand to me. Someone's going to buy that poor bun and stick him in a 18 in x 26 in cage- their "starter set up" where you get the bun free. He won't be able to move when he grows up. :roll: :cry:

18 in x 26 in cage- their "starter set up" where you get the bun free.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't think in even the *worst* pet shops i've been in, have I ever seen a rabbit cage that small!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Back