• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's home! at last!!! but me and him are not happy bunnies!

I am not in anyway shape or form a very happy bunny mummy at the moment!
I said yesterday Isaac was getting done!... Well yes technically he has been done but with a few hitches.

I took the morning off work, got them there in the pouring rain! .... They said give us a call bout 3 - same old same old...

I called at 3:30 , and hmmm oh we're really sorry he hasnt gone into theatre yet!.... YOU WHAT!!!!! I am like ARGHHHH!!!... she said he should be going in in a bit.. so call back in an hour.. I called back at 4:30pm - They said he was fine - Huge relief!!!
They said pick him up at 5:30 - So I picked him up at 6....

you never seen bunnies more excited to see their owner! lol.... Snowflake heard my voice, and tried to jam her head through the bars to get a look at me - which was hysterical.

Anyways got them in their buggy and on the bus - I ended up taking Isaac out of the buggy and holding him against my chest - cos he was getting a bit cold.

I put them up in my room last night - and I spent most of the night with Isaac lying on my chest - Poor boy!
But the good thing is he started eating drinking and pooping straight away.

But his poor balls are huge!... he must be so uncomfortable, and unfortunately he bled a little bit as well - which seems to have calmed down today, but last night he was bleeding quite a bit :( ... Didnt think he would still be with me this morning.

Hes doing better though, although not showing his face much... but Snowflakes keeping him company.

So thankyou for all your vibes!!

The vet let him go home so soon after surgery......my goodness I think I would change vets!!

Very pleased to hear he is OK now though!!

I agree with Theo ..that is too soon after surgery to let him home..and I've never had a buck bleed after a neuter...so perhaps look for another vet?!

It was a locum vet! :s ...... My vets are really good, but I guess I picked the wrong day - and there was no way I could cancel it....
I think he was bleeding cos he sort of went for the external stitches straight away - go figure :roll:
He seems to have stopped bleeding and his balls seem to have gone a tiny bit down... and hes eating pooping and weeing so I am just leaving him to it...
He's under my bed on a flece blanket, and I dont think hes coming out lol

Back