• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treacle escapes again!

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
A short while ago I posted a photo of the patio wall which Treacle (small lop) leaped up on to; to escape. I have foiled any further escape attempts by having a row of plant pots up there.

Having realised that this is now not an escape option last night she leaped over the run panels :shock: I kept telling myself not to panic but my heart was racing. Treacle is trained to climb into her carrier when I present it to her and I was so releaved when she happily did this. I had terrible visions of me chasing her around the garden and her hiding behind the shed and me having to spend the night outside to stop Mr Fox getting her :cry:

Trouble is; now she has to be closely supervised when she is out which will mean she and Mr Snow will get lets time running around on the lawn as I will have to sit and watch them, usually I am cleaning out their home and run.

I spent a small fortune on 3 sets of run panels to fence off the lawn and even though my other bunnies are much bigger they never attempt to jump over. Treacle is very small but has massive back feet. I'm now trying to think of ways to deter her. Any ideas?

Rabs

Can you not put some wire meshing over the top of the run when they are out in it. Maisie keeps getting onto my kitchen table so I know she would jump out of a run.

raine said:
Can you not put some wire meshing over the top of the run when they are out in it. Maisie keeps getting onto my kitchen table so I know she would jump out of a run.

No it's a large space (the lawn). I've started just sitting and watching her, then calling her over everytime she reaches up at the fencing/pen (little monkey)

Rabs

Back