• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Group bonding

bizzy_vicki

Mama Doe
I know this topic has been started a million times so I'm sorry!
I've been giving careful consideration to bonding my 2 pairs into a group, that would be 2 males and 2 females all neutered and neutered for a long time. I dont know how many of you remember that my silver Tulip had a nasty fight with my departed Angora a couple of months after I bonded them and its left me a big frightened in the bonding department. (Tulip is now in a happy pair though) Is it fair on Tulip who has already suffered nasty injuries and had to be sutured as a result of fighting? Do I put all 4 buns together for intro's or show one bun one bun, then another bun and keep swapping round?

I have only experience of 2 lots of group pairings, I did it using the put them all together method, ensuring I had enough pairs of hands available if things went wrong and I needed to separate buns.

I know Phil has done quite a number of pairings up in this manner and so has Cheryl, they may be able to offer you more detailed advise. If I remember rightly someone did say that to go for the 'all in one' method as swapping buns about can cause relationship problems when you are splitting and chaing partners.

I agree, when I bonded my two pairs I bundled them all into the bathroom together with food and toys and let them get on with it. There was a bit of scuffling, and they spent the night in my bedroom in a dog crate, kept me awake with lots of thumping :roll: but the next day they were fine. They are now part of a group of seven and are all happy.

Back