PDA

View Full Version : People of Nottingham

Isabel
17-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Where do you get your carefresh from (if you use it). I ordered some on line the other day to try it out. It seems good and eco friendly which is a bonus but it was quite a small bag and as I'm currently working with 3 litter trays, it looks like one bag is only going to last a week. Is there any where local that sells it?

Iz

Azraelm
17-11-2006, 10:09 AM
sssshhhh I was very naughty and brought some from p@h :oops:

I find it doesnt last long either and works out quite expensive really.

Where did you order it online and how much was it? i think it was about £2.99 at p@h.

Ive got some of the wood pellet things but thought they were a bit rough on their feet as they are rexes.

Isabel
17-11-2006, 10:14 AM
ooooh naughty :lol:
I've been using the wood pellets (very cheap at wilkos!) but thought the same as you about it being abit rough and as I was having difficulty getting them to go in the right place I thought that might have something to do with it. It was just occered to me though that some RU rabbits happily walk on big chunks of gravel so maybe I am underestimating their toughness :lol:
I ordered it from bunny basics. I think it was about the same price as at P@H but obviousely there's the postage as well...although I have taken to just odering most things I need to save me an hours round trip to my nearest local pet shop which doesn't sell any animals! Unfortunatley they aren't that big and don't seem to sell carefresh. I might have to sneak into P@H under cover :lol:

xEMMAx
17-11-2006, 10:20 AM
I but it from P@H too :D Is expensive but it's good stuff!

Azraelm
17-11-2006, 10:21 AM
ooooh naughty :lol:
I've been using the wood pellets (very cheap at wilkos!) but thought the same as you about it being abit rough and as I was having difficulty getting them to go in the right place I thought that might have something to do with it. It was just occered to me though that some RU rabbits happily walk on big chunks of gravel so maybe I am underestimating their toughness :lol:
I ordered it from bunny basics. I think it was about the same price as at P@H but obviousely there's the postage as well...although I have taken to just odering most things I need to save me an hours round trip to my nearest local pet shop which doesn't sell any animals! Unfortunatley they aren't that big and don't seem to sell carefresh. I might have to sneak into P@H under cover :lol:

:lol: theres a brilliant pet shop which doesnt sell animals next to the vets I go to in Gamston- vets for pets, so not far from you. Im sure they must sell carefresh as they seem to have everything else.

I usually go in and buy lots of things when Im over at the vets- they sell the nature stick things for 99p whilst everywhere else they are about £2.

Suzanne
17-11-2006, 03:37 PM
I used to use the wood pellets from Wilko's they are quite good. Then I managed to get hold of Megazorb from a horse place in Alfreton, derbys - they also sell Allen and Page rabbit food. The bag of Megazorb is massive and it only cost about £6.00.

animus
17-11-2006, 03:41 PM
I second Megazorb :thumb:
It's pretty much the same as Carefresh but less smelly I think :lol:
I get 15kg for £4 but if you can't get it in your area, the cheapest I've seen online is here http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=924 :D

ShivyRex
17-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Do you think you could recycle used megazorb in with compost collection? I put my soiled hay in the compost collection bin but I am weary as to whether I can put carefresh or wood based litter in it too.

Thanks

Shiv

Bavarian Bunny
17-11-2006, 04:05 PM
I got it from Bunny Basics and the Hay Experts for a while, but it is too expensive and I found out that some layers of newspaper, covered with shredded paper and straw work just as well. Don't notice much of a smell, either.
Might be worth looking on ebay, sometimes people sell some there. I don't understand why they don't produce bigger bags of it.

Isabel
17-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Mandy: Thats where I go already :lol: They are lovely aren't they. THe bus from outside my house goes straight there but they only come every half hour.
Suzanne: The place in Alfreton sounds great, I might see if I can get hold of some.

Thanks everyone! or Ta ducks!!!!

Isabel
17-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Do you think you could recycle used megazorb in with compost collection? I put my soiled hay in the compost collection bin but I am weary as to whether I can put carefresh or wood based litter in it too.

Thanks

Shiv
I don't know. I bet it would compot though.

nicole
17-11-2006, 08:28 PM

Thanks

Shiv

Yes Megazorb can be composted.
I'll find the link for you.

nicole
17-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Here it is

http://www.megazorb.co.uk/about_megazorb.htm