• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People of Nottingham

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Where do you get your carefresh from (if you use it). I ordered some on line the other day to try it out. It seems good and eco friendly which is a bonus but it was quite a small bag and as I'm currently working with 3 litter trays, it looks like one bag is only going to last a week. Is there any where local that sells it?

Iz

sssshhhh I was very naughty and brought some from p@h :oops:

I find it doesnt last long either and works out quite expensive really.

Where did you order it online and how much was it? i think it was about £2.99 at p@h.

Ive got some of the wood pellet things but thought they were a bit rough on their feet as they are rexes.

ooooh naughty :lol:
I've been using the wood pellets (very cheap at wilkos!) but thought the same as you about it being abit rough and as I was having difficulty getting them to go in the right place I thought that might have something to do with it. It was just occered to me though that some RU rabbits happily walk on big chunks of gravel so maybe I am underestimating their toughness :lol:
I ordered it from bunny basics. I think it was about the same price as at P@H but obviousely there's the postage as well...although I have taken to just odering most things I need to save me an hours round trip to my nearest local pet shop which doesn't sell any animals! Unfortunatley they aren't that big and don't seem to sell carefresh. I might have to sneak into P@H under cover :lol:

IsabelM said:
ooooh naughty :lol:
I've been using the wood pellets (very cheap at wilkos!) but thought the same as you about it being abit rough and as I was having difficulty getting them to go in the right place I thought that might have something to do with it. It was just occered to me though that some RU rabbits happily walk on big chunks of gravel so maybe I am underestimating their toughness :lol:
I ordered it from bunny basics. I think it was about the same price as at P@H but obviousely there's the postage as well...although I have taken to just odering most things I need to save me an hours round trip to my nearest local pet shop which doesn't sell any animals! Unfortunatley they aren't that big and don't seem to sell carefresh. I might have to sneak into P@H under cover :lol:

:lol: theres a brilliant pet shop which doesnt sell animals next to the vets I go to in Gamston- vets for pets, so not far from you. Im sure they must sell carefresh as they seem to have everything else.

I usually go in and buy lots of things when Im over at the vets- they sell the nature stick things for 99p whilst everywhere else they are about £2.

I used to use the wood pellets from Wilko's they are quite good. Then I managed to get hold of Megazorb from a horse place in Alfreton, derbys - they also sell Allen and Page rabbit food. The bag of Megazorb is massive and it only cost about £6.00.

Do you think you could recycle used megazorb in with compost collection? I put my soiled hay in the compost collection bin but I am weary as to whether I can put carefresh or wood based litter in it too.

Thanks

Shiv

I got it from Bunny Basics and the Hay Experts for a while, but it is too expensive and I found out that some layers of newspaper, covered with shredded paper and straw work just as well. Don't notice much of a smell, either.
Might be worth looking on ebay, sometimes people sell some there. I don't understand why they don't produce bigger bags of it.

Mandy: Thats where I go already :lol: They are lovely aren't they. THe bus from outside my house goes straight there but they only come every half hour.
Suzanne: The place in Alfreton sounds great, I might see if I can get hold of some.

Thanks everyone! or Ta ducks!!!!

ShivyRex said:
Do you think you could recycle used megazorb in with compost collection? I put my soiled hay in the compost collection bin but I am weary as to whether I can put carefresh or wood based litter in it too.

Thanks

Shiv
I don't know. I bet it would compot though.

ShivyRex said:

Thanks

Shiv

Yes Megazorb can be composted.
I'll find the link for you.

Back