• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

confused about what to do!

inka dinka doo

Alpha Buck
as most of you guys know i have my six rabbits (jack,rupert, inkadinkadoo,lamb,beebee and mopsy well my question and confusion is about mopsy wheni got her she was a small baby i was "told" she was a dwalf lop but she is now huge and i think she must be a giant! but i only have a smallish garden that does accommodate my bunnies but mopsy has become very dominant and is rapidly outgrowing her 3rd cage at the moment she has enough room but im worried as im told she will just get bigger as she is only 10 months old! i love her to bits she is a bit shy and can have her grumpy moods but thats just her and i wouldnt change her :lol: but im worried i cant look after her as well as she needs, my other 5 all get along great but mopsy is a independant girl ive tired bonding but she scares them and grunts! what do you think i should do! if she gets much bigger im gonna have to look for a new house just to have a big enough run for her and the others! i dont want to give her up but its playing on my mind it has been for a while but im just worried about her and all the others i have a good social group except mopsy PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I read in another post that it's a common misconception that dwarf lops are small, and that the dwarf part of their name actually refers to the size of their ears!

Is it any kind of possibility to have her as a house rabbit? I know it would take her away from the other buns, but if she gets a lot of your company she would still be happy! :D

Sorry I haven't got any better ideas.

i currently have two house rabbits jack and rupert while teh others are in their own "apartment" ie shed, im trying to rack my brains for ideas thank you thou!!! :D

At 10 months old she's unlikely to get much bigger though she may fill out a little. Dwarf lops are actually around 2-3kg so on the upper end of the average size bunny.

Is she neutered? If not I would suggest that could well solve your issues with bonding and grumping. If she's not neutered then she's probably hormonal and having the smell of multiple bunnies about the house will add to that.

To behonest there isn't that much difference in the accomodation a small rabbit and a dwarf lop need. The usual sizes apply. You mention a cage - if you're buying rabbit cages then unfortunately they sell them a bit small for even little bunnies. A 4' dog crate with a shelf or pen - or two 3' joined together would house a dwarf lop.

A photo of Mopsy would help. Maybe pic of her with the other buns too for comparesane.

m
xx

I wonder if she's a french lop, or some kind of cross?

Dwarf lops really can be quite big rabbits though- Belle the dwarf lop was around the same size as Audrey my rex.

Dwarf lops are called dwarves in comparison to the French Lop. :) As others have mentioned, they can get quite big.

Yes, I would also think that neutering might resolve a lot of your problems with her.

Vera

ive got to upload some pictures on to my photobucket but i have a picture of her when she was 4 months old she was the same size as jack my 3 year old adult male! now she is bigger than all the buns i will put some one tomorrow
bunny3007.jpg

here are some pictures i took tonight i have measured her too when scrunched up like she does alot she is 18 inches long :shock: and when she is layed out she is 27! inches she is :lol: a big girl !
mopsy001.jpg

mopsy002.jpg

mopsy003.jpg

mopsy004.jpg

mopsy005.jpg

mopsy006.jpg

ali if u want her u can have her u have a lovely big garden!!!! she needs alot more space than i have!!!! i love her to bits she is sweet and she is litter trained ish she uses it in her cage we just havent got as far as the house yet :lol: and she is very soft and squishy :lol:

inka dinka doo said:
hahaha and she isnt a small girlie he would notice her!!!! its the ears everyone notices first! and her big bottom! :lol:

Do you think he would notice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back