• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow - smelly bunny

Suzanne

Mama Doe
Willow is still quite smelly. He's stopped dribbling and his fur isn't matted together anymore. He is cleaning himself but the smell still remains although less than last week.

Will it go it's own eventually? Can I do anything for him?

Picture190.jpg

Picture198.jpg

Picture192-1.jpg

Awww bless him! I'd think it will diminish over time, the two foster babies I have recently had, absolutely stunk when I first got them, but now they don't smell at all - took about 2 weeks or so I reckon. What are you feeding him? Some people seem to be really sensitive to the smell of burgess excel and can smell bunnies who eat that!

He's looking so much better and happier - big well done to you!

AlisonA said:
Awww bless him! I'd think it will diminish over time, the two foster babies I have recently had, absolutely stunk when I first got them, but now they don't smell at all - took about 2 weeks or so I reckon. What are you feeding him? Some people seem to be really sensitive to the smell of burgess excel and can smell bunnies who eat that!

He's looking so much better and happier - big well done to you!

He's on SS, hay and veggies. He's eating well now! :D
I've been smelling of bunny all week - all my clothes smell!! Luckily we don't get many visitors!! :lol:

You could try using baby wipes?

Thats what I used on my foster cat who had sat in a pile of wee in his carrier :lol:

He looks so much better! :D the smell should go as others have said...I've had a few buns in that have smelt of curry :shock: the smell does go after a couple of weeks...
Has a urine infection been ruled out?

Has the Vet had a good look in Willow's mouth? Oral abscessation, gum infections and decayed teeth can make Bunnies smell.

Is he an entire Buck. They can be well whiffy!!

He is looking much better and happier :D

Janex

Sorry, I don't know what caused the smell. Have you checked his scent glands? Those can get really stinky. You can clean them by gently using Qtip (cotton thingies for cleaning ears) with a little mineral oil or baby oil. Make sure you have lots of ventilation! :shock:

Back