• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cuddly toys

Jonny

Warren Scout
Are they safe for bunnies? We have loads of old teddies lying about the house, and I've been told bunnies really like them. Just wondering if they are safe? Could they end up swallowing the eyes or something?! :shock:

here's violet with her artificial friend. she loves it, cleans it everyday, cuddles up to it. not had any problems with her chewing it!

DSCF0210-1.jpg

Fiona x

All depends on the bun I think, I have a couple that wouldn't chew their hutch but also have several chew the door off :roll:

It may be worth removing small parts like eyes just in case. Having said that, none of mine have ever chewed their cuddlies.

Duchess loves her doggy from the Bear Factory (it was a present from my ex boyfriend, lol) and makes him all crusty by grooming him!

Tia definitely loves soft toys... have loads of my old ones on the floor for her and she'll sit grooming them for ages! :D

all of mine have a cuddly toy each although ive removed the nose from Frida's as she chews everything. they love them

Gus will sit washing Charlie his toy dog for hours - pity her cant transfer this behaviour over to real live rabbits instead :lol:

Till has monkey and doggie, She loves them so much ... Boo is spooked by the random teddy that sits in her hutch :lol: X

xEMMAx said:
Tia definitely loves soft toys... have loads of my old ones on the floor for her and she'll sit grooming them for ages! :D
Wistler took to his teddy when he was here too!! :D

Mikey loves his Tedwina...I chopped her plastic whiskers off but have left the rest of her alone, he cuddles up to her and grooms her and everything :D

HPIM1211.jpg

I placed a little cuddly bunny in Ben's pen tonight. I'm worried he's lonely cos he sits watching the two does constantly, and they are always grooming each other and snuggling up together. He did not seem impressed with his new furry friend. He had a cautious sniff, then growled loudly and kicked it!

Thought it must be upsetting him so I moved it out with the does. They didn't show much interest. They seem to have more fun chewing away at their cardboard box (which now has three separate entrances) and hiding in their P@H tunnel!

jack has a small bunny toy to keep him company its one designed for babies so no small parts and no eyes that can come off he loves it he wont let anyone touch her she is his :lol:

Jessica has got a teddy too called Spencer. She loves him and spends hours licking him. He goes from being either very wet or crusty :lol: He is a cuddly for newborns so his nose/eyes etc are sewn on.

jessica_with_spencer.jpg

They are small btw, 22cm high inc. ear. I got one today. Gonna give it to Stud tonight when i go out to give them there din-dins. They are sooooo cute!!

:D :D :D

m
xx

after reading this thought id give harvey a little ted to keep him company. i put it in his hutch and he lunged at it claws right into him lol. poor ted lets hope he grows to love him!

Back