• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The morning after!

Jonny

Warren Scout
Left the bunnies out some munchies at 11pm last night before going to bed. Went down this morning at 7am to see how their first night had been.

You should have seen the state of the place! I had spent hours at the weekend kitting it out and making it all nice and tidy for them. The shed had a lovely, clean cream carpet, little cardboard boxes for beds with straw and wood shavings neatly packed inside, a little hay manger, a litter tray, and two little food bowls. Apart from a few little toys and a pipe tunnel, the place was spotless and I was pleased with my handywork.

I bearly recognised the place this morning! Boxes had been turned upside down, and one of them had a giant hole in it! Litter tray and its contents also upside down. The straw and woodshavings were scattered everywhere, as was the hay! They had moved their tunnel from one end of the shed to the other. And lots and lots and lots of poo (never thought
three rabbits could produce so much in 8 hours!) :? :?

Ah well, at least they seem happy and had an adventurous night :lol:

That sounds about right, Pippa and MJ rearrange their shed to their satisfaction :lol: At least it sounds like they're making it theirs!!

ps would strongly suggest lino instead of cream carpet, wait until they start trampling the odd night poo in instead of eating it :lol:

Lol Jonny :lol: :lol: yup, welcome to bunny world! No matter how lovely it looks after you first clean them out you can guarantee that within 5 minutes they'll have re-arranged everything to their satisfaction and scattered lots of poo everywhere to make it feel more like home :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps reckon Kay is right about switching carpet for lino - far easier to clean up if they trample through any squishy poos! :wink:

Sorry, but :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I, too, take great pride in tidying my bunny runs up, but I've jsut come to appreciate the 5 minutes it looks lovely before they trash it.
Actually, Salt and Pepper aren't too bad, but Ruby's a digger, and makes a real mess :roll:

And they certainly can poop a lot. I was astounded at the amount my nethies produced in 6 hours.

:lol: Yep thats a welcome to the bunny world alright ! You take hours furnishing runs, attaching hay racks, polishing nice new crock bowls only to find five mins later its chaos ! Deffo try the lino its so much easier to clean than carpet.

Whats with Rabbits making a lot of mess receantly?? :?

MUST be something in the air!

m
xx

Back