• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Healing vibes needed :-( U/D 6.20pm Weedie's home! :-)

Bundle

Mama Doe
Poor little Weedie the bun I rescued two weeks ago is having to have an op tomorrow. :cry: He was originally found by someone who caught some kids kicking him around :cry: They took him to a vets in Newcastle which was where I got him from. They fixed him up and neutered him and we collected him 2 weeks ago.

Last week I noticed he was limping a little on his right hind leg. On examination it felt to me like it had been stamped on and the bones crushed. I took him straight to my vets who agreed with me and said that it was definitely crushed when the kids had been kicking him around and would only just have become apparent because the bones had started to knit and affected the blood supply. She thought that gangrene had started to set in and that it would have to be amputated, but gave me some Baytril to try and treat it with antibiotics first. However today it seems to have gotten much worse and he's started to chew at one of the toes so I've just come back from taking him tonight and they're keeping him in overnight and operating tomorrow. :cry: :cry:

They're hopeful he will make a full recovery but I'm just so angry - if I could get hold of those ******* kids I'd show them what it's like to be kicked around and stamped on :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyway we need plenty of healing vibes for Weedie please. Poor little guy's been through so much in his short life and I just want him home safe and well. Doubt I'll get any sleep tonight for worrying and can't wait for 1pm tomorrow when I can ring and find out how he went on :cry: :cry:

Oh how awful, poor boy. Three legged buns do seem to cope very well though, and he will be much more comfortable with the damaged area removed. I'll be thinking of you and the gorgeous little chap tomorrow xxx

:evil: :evil:

EVIL EVIL BOY!!!

My thoughts and prays will be with Poor Little Weedie tommorow, dont you worry!

m
xx

Lucky boy to have found a loving home with you. Wishing him all the very best tomorrow. Let us know how he gets on.

Vibes for Weedie! As Alison said 3 legged bunnies do really well. When I took Fia for her check up today the vet walked in with a black minilop who had his rear leg amputated a few days earlier and he was hopping around fine. He seemed very happy when I looked over reception and he was sat there. His name wa Ricky hehe. The vet had adopted him and I think she done the op.

Hugs

Shiv, Zi & Fia

Poor bunny. Only very disturbed children would do this to an animal and its scary they are loose. Ebony Eyes has had several amputees who did very well. Good luck bunnyxxxx

Healing vibes needed :-( U/D 2pm

I called at 1pm and he hadn't been operated on, then I nearly had a heart attack when the vet called me 5 mins ago. The receptionist called and said the vet wants a word with you - I immediately panicked thinking that he'd died :cry: :cry: However, what he said was that the damage to his foot was much more extensive than they'd first thought, so they are going to have to remove most of his leg :cry: :cry: I told him to remove as much as they need because I don't want them to risk leaving any tissue that may be damaged or infected. He's going to call me when the op is finished..... fingers crossed it goes ok - I can hardly type for shaking so much :cry: :cry: Thanks for all your kind messages, it really helps to know so many lovely people are out there :)

Back