• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is Warmer for Bunny??

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Pickle has a nice comfy wad of material that is folded up to make a nice soft area for him in his hutch. This looks comfy to me, but wonder if it is what he would want??

Is a lot of hay warmer than a nice blanket?? When I put hay in he seems to make a hole and sit on the floor anyway so not sure what he wants.

I know I would prefer a nice blanket - but I am not a bunny!! :lol: :lol:

My outside bunnies have hay, as I fear they would eat blankets :roll:

Squidy's inside and he has a choice of vet bed, pet blanket and a bed of hay. He tends to choose the vet bed, but likes to curl up sometimes in the hay. I like to offer him a choice.

It is actually an old curtain and he doesnt chew it at all!!

He does have a bedroom in his hutch which is filled with a box full of hay but he NEVER goes in there!!

It is a double storey hutch but he only really uses the bottom half. I try to put his food upstairs and his water there to make him go upstairs from time to time, but am sure the bedroom has never been used :roll:

My lot have a hutch full of hay.. they did have a few bits of vet bed in there for a while but they just ate it :roll: so know they have just hay with newspaper under it

Squidgy only used his bedroom area to wee in - his litter tray's in there. He's to nosey to hide himself away!

I think it depends on bunny preference; my lops have straw and hay and they bury themselves into it - if I give them blankets/vetbed/cat basket, they just destroy it :lol: . I used to do the same for my nethies but they started pulling the blanket (covering the hutch, which is inside a shed) down into the hutch and using it as a hammock. For a while I thought they were just being naughty but now it's clear that they prefer settling themselves down into the blanket. They also have a covered cat basket which they love to snuggle into when it's cold.

AlisonA said:
I used to do the same for my nethies but they started pulling the blanket (covering the hutch, which is inside a shed) down into the hutch and using it as a hammock. For a while I thought they were just being naughty but now it's clear that they prefer settling themselves down into the blanket. They also have a covered cat basket which they love to snuggle into when it's cold.

We want piccies :D That sounds soooooo cute!

Back