• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grumpy little boy!

Jonny

Warren Scout
I'm so glad now to have by long-awaited bunnies, but I'm a bit concerned about how my little boy bun is settling (though it still only is Day 1).

I think the scent of the ladies is driving him wild! He keeps following them about on the other side of the cage, and then thumps his paw every so often, seemingly in frustration. I originally thought it would be best to put them into their new home together so that bonding would be easier. That's what I've done, but the boy is in a separate pen. I'm wondering should I move him into a hutch on his own, into the garage for a couple of weeks, just til his hormones die down?

mmmm, well from my experience with males following a recent neuturing they are still really hormonal for a while so I would move him away from the females especially if they have not been spayed.

Maybe reintroduce him once he has calmed down a bit?.

Good Luck!.

Tracey x

Back