• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any one else experienced this? (sorry quite long)

fionalouise

Warren Scout
Winston has always been quite a nervous bun, but never aggressive. he doesnt struggle when picked up, but runs away as soon as he hears you coming and hides in his house. I thought i was making progress with him earlier this year and he seemed to be becoming more confident, but all of a sudden he went back to his old ways. Lilly died this year and he was so in love with her, always by her side, so i didnt want him to be alone. I got Violet, and she seems to be so desperate for his company, were as he is aggressive and nasty towards her. he's now even become agressive with our cats who he has always loved to sniff and hop around with.

he's bitten violet countless times (hard enough to break skin) through the bars or his hutch, and when bonding attempts were made. i just dont understand where this sudden change in character has come from. can rabbits be like humans and not get over a companion which they have lost? its really upsetting me becuase i loved seeing him and lilly grooming and cuddling eachother. my dad wants me to re-home winston becuase of the extent of his sudden aggressive behaviour (which so far hasent come to him biting me, but grunting and thumping). i love him to pieces so would not consider this, but am i jepordising his welfare by having him near violet when he clearly wants nothing to do with her, or do you think he's fine in his grumpy ways?

sorry this is so long, but i just didnt expect things to go this way, and i dont like how my little man has turned out. advice and opinions would be lovely.

Fiona x

How old is he? It sounds like his hormones kicking in! Get him neutured ASAP and that should help quite a lot!

How is his eyesight :?

It's just when you say he hears you coming and runs and wondered if the aggression could be linked with fear if his eyesight isn't good :?

He does sound a challenging wee man :wink: - would be a shame if he wouldn't accept another bun seeing as he was happily bonded before

definately not his eye sight because he can spot Violet a mile off!!!! he's always had the habit of running away as soon as he hears me, he's done it since i got him, and there was nothing wrong with his sight as far as i know (i got him off Kayj and she would definately have known).

Its just so odd because he accepted Lilly so quickly, they were bonded within 5 minutes!

fionalouise said:
definately not his eye sight because he can spot Violet a mile off!!!!

:lol: :lol: Well, that's good that it's not his eyesight :D

Was he ever bonded with Violet and this has changed :? If not, maybe the right lady for him is still out there, but that doesn't help pair up the two you have, or explain the change in his behaviour :?

no, he's never been bonded to her, I'm quite happy to have them as seperate buns, but just wanted to make sure i wasent causing either of them stress by having them sharing the same areas but not being together. one day i hope to get violet a friend as she just loves anything that moves. at the moment she's very close to our abnormally small cat -

miandvi.jpg

so she's ok! :D but its so nice to see rabbits keeping each other warm!

Have you had a vet check him over incase there is another problem which you can't see? I have a few aggresive buns but non have become aggresive unless there has been some medical problem.

I'm at the vets tomorrow so going to book an appointment because i did wonder that myself. hope there isnt anything wrong with him and he's just bein a grump!

Hi Fiona,
Do you remember winstons sister the REW, well after I split her and Winston up before getting him neutered, she wouldn't take him back and ended up attacking any rabbit I tried bonding her with. I know when I lost Gizmo, Pepper wouldn't except anyone else.
Good luck at the vets
kayxx

Hope his check over is fine. She looks such a sweet bunny with the cat. Would it be worth someone taking them for a while and bonding away from your house. Lorna at Greenfields boards bunnies and bonds them at the same time to raise money for her rescue and she is excellent at bonding. If not, what about another rescue bonding for you.

i never thought of that, thats a really good idea. Dont know if any rescues near here doing it though. Greenfields is a while away from me. Any body know rescues in the north west who bond?

Back