• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now Martha is Deteriorting.U/D Arthritis and MAYBE EC...

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: :cry:

Her hind leg weakness has worsened considerably and she has no feeling at all in her right hind foot :cry: After her GA/Dental she started to drink and wee a lot and I fear her kidneys are packing up :cry:
She is still eating well and does not appear to be distressed. But she hates being washed, (she gets very mucky due to her paresis :cry: )
We are back to see Christobel tomorrow....

Janex

Oh dear, so sorry that Martha isn't doing so well :cry: At least she has all the care in the world from her mummy and husbun, for whatever and however long the future brings xxx

Christobel thinks Martha has Arthritis causing disc degeneration in her spine :cry: This in turn is effecting her back legs :cry: Martha is also to have a course of Panacur just in case her hind leg deterioration is related to EC.
Martha was able to scoot around the consulting room on her bum and does not appear to be in a lot of pain. She is to have daily Metacam just to see if her mobility improves with anti-inflammatories.

Janex

I hope she responds to the treatment and goes on ok Jane. I know exactly how you feel - I'm waiting for the vet to call me right now to tell me how Weed's operation went. It can be so heartbreaking having animals can't it? Sending hugs to you and Martha x

naturestee said:
Jane, I know someone who's bun has what sounds to be the same type of arthritis problem. He can't use one leg because of it. He's been living with partial disability for years but is very happy. His mom tried using a cart with him, but he actually prefers this sling:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VFEXOMdgcGw&search=Rabbit disabled wheel chair

The little guy can really move!

Much love!

Thanks so much for that link!!

Hope Weed's op' went well. Sending healing vibes to him

Janex

awww bless her :cry: i know she's in safe hands and will have all the treatment necassary to give her a comfortable life.
She sounds a lot like an old bun I used to have called Freeda. She had a back problem and this led to her not being able to use her back legs. I did what I could to make her comfortable,` but unfortunatly the vet didn't know what to do and nor did I :( she ended up having a stroke and had to be PTS because she couldn't move :cry: the more I think about it the more I'm sure she had EC. I so wish I knew of this forum back then and then she could have been helped.
Martha is sooooo lucky to have such a knowledgeable mummy :D her future is a lot brighter than my freeda's was and i'm sure she will be happy and comfortable while she is with you.

Back