• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do I do now then?

hunnybun

Mama Doe
My rescue has done really well all summer, rehoming lots of bunnies, I have 20 rabbits in the rescue now and all except two have been neutered and vaccinated, my problem!! I have no money left :lol: :roll:

Normally i get the ops done and soon afterwards rabbits go to new homes so I get the money back in that I have spent on them, but now of course with winter coming no one wants a rabbit!! Last weeks vets bill was £193 the prevois week was £230.

Oh dear, it is going to be a long winter :shock:

I have a fundraising stall booked for this Saturday but the money from there is supposed to go toward paying for a hall for next April ( £100) where we will be holding a large fundraising day.

I could do with a rich Uncle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You need to start a campaign, "Rabbits-a great Christmas present" I'm sure there's a simiar saying about dogs and Christmas??
I am of course joking but I hope your fundraiser goes well. Just think of all those happy bunnies you have rehomed.

IsabelM said:
You need to start a campaign, "Rabbits-a great Christmas present" I'm sure there's a simiar saying about dogs and Christmas??
I am of course joking but I hope your fundraiser goes well. Just think of all those happy bunnies you have rehomed.

Although I am happy for rabbits to go to new homes, they won't be going as gifts for children at Xmas! :wink:

Could you try asking local companies for donations?

Or try asking local Round Tables and Rotarys etc if they will help you out?

Or ask for donated items and do a raffle?

(I think you have to sell the tickets and do the raffle on the same day these days though)

well at least most are done :D and next time you rehome you will have the cash to do the next batch, well thats how i work anyway...

as for summer i was getting more calls in october and november than any other time in the year, but its is started to slow again..... but i dont care as i dont want xmas work anyway NONE of my bunny will be going as xmas presents

bunnylove said:
well at least most are done :D and next time you rehome you will have the cash to do the next batch, well thats how i work anyway...

as for summer i was getting more calls in october and november than any other time in the year, but its is started to slow again..... but i dont care as i dont want xmas work anyway NONE of my bunny will be going as xmas presents

Thats how I work too, but as it is I don't even have any funds left for food! so I will be dipping into my purse! :?

hunnybun said:
bunnylove said:

Thats how I work too, but as it is I don't even have any funds left for food! so I will be dipping into my purse! :?

well your lucky :shock: :D i have funded EVERYTHING for this rescue always and only use the donations i get to pay the vet i always buy everything else out of my own pocket, wouldnt be able to do it otherwise, there is never enough donation to cover vet bills that alone food ect..... i have taken in 130 rabbits since feburary....

bunnylove said:
hunnybun said:
bunnylove said:

well your lucky :shock: :D i have funded EVERYTHING for this rescue always and only use the donations i get to pay the vet i always buy everything else out of my own pocket, wouldnt be able to do it otherwise, there is never enough donation to cover vet bills that alone food ect..... i have taken in 130 rabbits since feburary....

Well done to you.

hunnybun said:
bunnylove said:
hunnybun said:
bunnylove said:

Well done to you.

and you honey :D

Back