• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions Please

stacy

Warren Scout
I have 2 bonded eldery rabbits. They are always together and Teddy is very dependent on Mopsy as his sight isn't great. Lately, Mopsy has seemed to be very nasty to us and biting and chasing Teddy. Also, my husband cleaned out the hutches and found what looked like nest (full of Mopsy's fur)

We've had Mopsy for year and we believe she had litters before she was taken to the resuce. However we had her spayed and she had to have her womb, uterus etc removed and some reconstructive surgery so we are not sure what is causing her behaviour.

Any ideas?

im not sure, but I believe they can still have phantom pregnancies even after they are spayed. I am sure someone who can help more will be along soon...

Sometimes a bit of Ovarian tissue can be left behind after a spay. So the Doe may have the occasional Pseudo-pregnancy

As this is a new thing for her I suggest you get your Vet to check her over. Rabbits often have odd ways of showing if something is wrong and any change in behaviour needs to be viewed as a potential warning sign of a physical problem.

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Sometimes a bit of Ovarian tissue can be left behind after a spay. So the Doe may have the occasional Pseudo-pregnancy

As this is a new thing for her I suggest you get your Vet to check her over. Rabbits often have odd ways of showing if something is wrong and any change in behaviour needs to be viewed as a potential warning sign of a physical problem.

Janex

Thanks I'll book her in tonight. She is eating well and is her usual active self so that's a good sign.

Bino built nests twice when they were in hutches she hasn't doen it since we moved and they are now in a shed - weird bunnies huh

BirdieBun said:
Bino built nests twice when they were in hutches she hasn't doen it since we moved and they are now in a shed - weird bunnies huh

She is certainly strange. Last night my husband went out to feed the rabbits and Mopsy leapt out of the hutch ran around the patio and then started biting and pulling and the hem of his jeans. when he bent down to stroke her she jumped into his arms!!!!

stacy said:
BirdieBun said:

She is certainly strange. Last night my husband went out to feed the rabbits and Mopsy leapt out of the hutch ran around the patio and then started biting and pulling and the hem of his jeans. when he bent down to stroke her she jumped into his arms!!!!
Thats so sweet, she sounds like she knows how to get what she wants!

IsabelM said:
stacy said:
BirdieBun said:

Thats so sweet, she sounds like she knows how to get what she wants!

She is the most outgoing out of all of the rabbits!

Back