• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introductions

Ditzy

Young Bun
We've just started out in the very first stages of our intro's and we're taking it nice and slow.

Shadow and Amber are in adjacent pens. And they happily munch away on their food together. They wont be meeting for a few weeks yet, as shadow needs time to heal up :wink:. They lick eachothers noses through the bars. Does this all sound ok? I took a big risk hoping they would get on, but amber was so beautiful i couldnt leave her behind.

Ive noticed when shadow runs about, he makes a very quiet grunting noise. He did this before amber arrived, but i wondered what it meant?
When he gets the binkies, he also stamps his foot.

Thanks

aawww it sounds great so far!! if they are already grooming each other through bars im sure they are going to get on well :wink: When u say quiet grunts.. is it a bit like a buzzy noise? I ask because a male bunny makes a sort of buzzing noise when he is wanting to mate :wink: Are they both neutered/spayed? The binkies mean he is very happy and sometimes they do stamp their feet when they jump.
When you are ready to introduce them make sure its on a neutral territory where neither have been already so that there is no territorial behaviours. There are alot of people on here with loads of experience of bonding rabbits so im sure there will be lots of people to help you when you are ready. :D

He's off for the snip on sat. :(

I think its a buzzy sound, a very low soft grunting. Almost inaudiable, i have to listen very closely to hear him. She is a bit of a tease though.

Ember is too young to be spayed. Shes not due until Jan.

We've got a huge warren built in the back garden 14ftx12ft for when hes all healed up to procede with actually meeting. This is complete neutral space.

The method is the same as rats, which i should be an expert at by now. But these are our first buns. Im not 100% sure of rabbit behaviour. And i was worried their signs of aggression may be more subtle compared to rats. As long as the grunty noise isnt him being cross.

Thanks for your reply :)

aawww sounds like they will have a lovely home to live in together.. hope it all goes well!
Good luck with the Neutering too!

Back