• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a guardian angel was watching my bunnies today

colliewoman

Mama Doe
it could so easily have been a tragedy today, i dont know how on earth it wasnt, i dont know how what happened possibly had no awful ending :(
i was joking in the bunnies eating the shed thread, that my buns had decided to have a go at the great escape, chewing through the stud wall and getting into the wall cavity.
after blocking it up i had to go out, and wasnt worried about it at all.
i have just been out to check the buns and make sure my barrier was still holding and then decided to drag everything out and investigate the full extent of the damage.
the buns had managed to make a hole in the outside wall of the shed :shock:
fortunately only tiny at them mo.
i then dragged the freezer and fridge out of the way and decide to rearrange them so they blocked off the whole of that end of the shed just to make sure.
i switched them off at the socket with the broom handle and pulled the freezer gently waiting to feel the tension that meant the cable was tight.... that never happened. the buns had somehow gotten to the cable and chewed it clean in 2 :shock: :shock: i have no idea how they got to it, it is tucked right behind the freezer which was right up against the wall!
how whichever of my babies who did it was not electrocuted i will never know.
someone was watching my buns, and i will forever be grateful to them, i really feel that a miracle must have happened.

please everyone, make sure your cables are well out of the way, i thought mine were but i was proved wrong.
i cannot find the words to express my relief that no bun was hurt, and truly feel that they had a guardian angel watching them today.
how could a bunny bite through a mains cable that was live with its mouth and not be hurt if not worse?
to whoever it is watching my buns, THANK YOU xx

eeek :shock: I guess the freezer comes on and off with the thermostat and luckily it wasn't running when bunny bit the cable!

You go all cold when stuff like that happens though - horrible feeling! :shock: My kitchen light burnt out recently and I used a standard lamp that had been stored next to Maa's crate when she'd been in my bedroom last winter - In the months since she'd gone outside, the lamp had been used in my son's bedroom, and I used it in the kitchen for 2 days till I noticed :shock: Has that wire been damaged? :shock: Yes it bloomin has! :shock: :shock: Maa must have bitten through it one day and the wires were bare and live!!!!!!

Never mind though - you can torture yourself with 'what ifs' for ever, but really thank God (or whoever) it turned out OK :)

oh dear.. norty bunnies!!!! Glad they are all ok.
My Simba has chewed through so many live wires (freezer, phone mains, mobile charger, lamp, alarm clock) i think he must be electrified!! I do have them all covered up now.. he chewed all those when i first got him.. didnt realise what they were capable of. Id love to know how they dont get electricuted too! And why doesnt it put them off.. surely they get a little buzz??

A couple of weeks ago I nipped 2 the bathroom leaving H & H in the living room, left my mobile plugged in charging, came back and the cable was bit in 2. Must have been Honey as Harly was still v miserable at the time and wasn't coming out of his bed hardly. Was at most 3mins aftr it happend tht I came back and Honey was hopping around the room fine.

They are little moos! I think someone was watching over them to.....
My girly bun she was terrible for that when she was younger... but now shes as good as gold, either that or its the fact we have no more cables left lol!

Rosie and Leo used to live in the utility room at night last winter. I didn't notice they had chewed the washing machine wire (unplugged) until I touched the wire whilst i was plugging it in and got a massive shock!! Now they have a bunny shed with NO wire around at all!!

guardian angel watching over my bunnies

EEEKkk how scary :shock: my bunny Patch (french lop) but through the hoover cable while i was using it :shock: went to check the plug when it stopped working only to find him sitting triumphantly in between the two chewed ends :shock: :( luckily he was O.K. which is more than can be said for the hoover :lol:

When i first decided to leave Smirnoff my first bun loose, he chewed through 3 cables while I was out - all live. I picked up the Xmas tree lights & got flung backwards. I don't know how he did that either :shock:

i am sure it was one of the buns, not a rat as my bunnyhouse is vermin proof.
a friend suggested that it may have been because the floor is that rubbery laminate stuff, and acted as an insulator preventing the lekky from earthing through the buns?
or having read all the replies with similar experiences, i have come to the conclusion that bunnies are made from rubber :D

I think several small animals have a 'dry bite', meaning there's no saliva on the teeth, so they don't get electric shocks

Back