• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SO GORGEOUS!!!

Ive kept buns for over 20 years and have always wanted a giant bunster, prefer two. Ive trawled through hundreds of rescues to find one, emailed rang and have even been put on waiting lists to no avail. I have my lovely boy buns who I adore and my piggers but I will fullfil my dream one day. None of the buns on rabbit rehome are anywhere near me and if they are they are snatched up quickly. My husband says he has some suprises for me during the next few weeks as its my birthday, just wondering what it might be. At the moment a huge 8ft by 3 and a half foot deep by 3 and half foot high hutch and connecting run with two ramps from the above hutch which measures 8ft by over 6ft, remains empty.

:roll:

Steph said:
Ive kept buns for over 20 years and have always wanted a giant bunster, prefer two. Ive trawled through hundreds of rescues to find one, emailed rang and have even been put on waiting lists to no avail. I have my lovely boy buns who I adore and my piggers but I will fullfil my dream one day. None of the buns on rabbit rehome are anywhere near me and if they are they are snatched up quickly. My husband says he has some suprises for me during the next few weeks as its my birthday, just wondering what it might be. At the moment a huge 8ft by 3 and a half foot deep by 3 and half foot high hutch and connecting run with two ramps from the above hutch which measures 8ft by over 6ft, remains empty.

:roll:

Steph if you send a PM to SOAD you could ask her to put an appeal on RIN for you :) Then people could look out for a big bun for you or perhaps help with a bunny run...whereabouts are you?

giants bunnies

I would love a giant bunny, have just had a 6ft hutch delivered today which my husband has put together, so am all set to go, I won't need a run as bun can have run of 80ft garden most of the time, unless nobody at home, have also ready made body guard, in the form of my collie, millie who keeps watch over comings and goings in garden most of the day !

Am desperately wanting new bun now !!! :)

litter of giants

have seen a litter of british giant buns advertised in a local paper but would much rather get a bun from a rescue, but if anyone is interested in these giants (if they still have any) will post phone number.

Mandy thats so kind of you but SOAD is fab and knows about my dream. I am not sure what my husband has in mind right now but he knows my views and will respect them. Ive been looking for a long time now. Im about 20 miles away from SOAD. Perhaps I will have a nice suprise from my other half very soon. I know Tree loves the hutch too.

Re: giants bunnies

krista said:
I would love a giant bunny, have just had a 6ft hutch delivered today which my husband has put together, so am all set to go, I won't need a run as bun can have run of 80ft garden most of the time, unless nobody at home, have also ready made body guard, in the form of my collie, millie who keeps watch over comings and goings in garden most of the day !

Am desperately wanting new bun now !!! :)

Im not sure a 6ft hutch is big enough for a giant :? Ive never owned one myself, but we had continental giants at uni and they really are mahoosive :shock: It might be worth starting a post asking what other people keep them in?

Re: giants bunnies

mandy said:
Im not sure a 6ft hutch is big enough for a giant :? Ive never owned one myself, but we had continental giants at uni and they really are mahoosive :shock: It might be worth starting a post asking what other people keep them in?

I was going to say that .. Dont want to shatter your dream chick but my Till lives in a 6ft hutch (double tier too) she's tiny, and I wouldnt really put much bigger than her in it :( X

Mandy I think like you 6ft maybe a little too small, they are such big buns. I will post a pic of the hutch I have if people would like to see. I think right now I have to wait and see what my hubby has now planned, or I think he might of !

Steph said:
Mandy thats so kind of you but SOAD is fab and knows about my dream. I am not sure what my husband has in mind right now but he knows my views and will respect them. Ive been looking for a long time now. Im about 20 miles away from SOAD. Perhaps I will have a nice suprise from my other half very soon. I know Tree loves the hutch too.

Aw, I hope you find one (or two :lol: ) soon, it sounds like you have a great set up and a lovely hubby!

Thanks Mandy I really do hope so. Loving home waiting here, with mod cons and plenty of lurve ! Ill keep you informed. Im being taken to New York for 5 days on Saturday for my birthday ... cant wait for that ! Miss the critters though :cry:

Steph said:
Thanks Mandy I really do hope so. Loving home waiting here, with mod cons and plenty of lurve ! Ill keep you informed. Im being taken to New York for 5 days on Saturday for my birthday ... cant wait for that ! Miss the critters though :cry:

OMG lucky you! You defiently do have a lovely hubby :) .

Hope you have a fab time, Im sure you'll be forgiven if you bring them some tasty treats back :lol:

Back