• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing the shed!!!!

nicole

Mama Doe
Mhairi has started to chew the shed :shock: :shock:
Little minx that she is. All the cardboard tubes, tunnels, apple sticks, boxes etc are not enough the shed is better.

I had to take out all the vet bed and blankets cos she was chewing them.

Today I put a load of straw in and now shes happily re-arranging it.
Hope that keeps her out of trouble. Poor wee Dougal just sits and shakes his head as if to say "she's a nutter".

tell me about it....
i went to check the bunsters this morning and was missing one :shock:
forcing myself not to panic, i checked everywhere.
i have a set of plastic drawers on wheels that is next to my fridge (doesnt everyone have one in their rabbit house) blocking a gap.
little tykes had pulled the bottom drawer out enough to climb through into the gap!
and as if that wasnt enough, they then ate through the stud walling and one of them was hiding in the cavity wall!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
i am now going to have to line the entire bottom of the building with chipboard and crate panels :(
thank goodness i noticed it when i did as i bet they would have eaten through the wooden panels that make up the outside of the bunnyhouse. i very much doubt i would have been able to catch her if she had gotten to the great outdoors :(
they are too clever for their own good :lol: :lol:

Back