• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Male or female

nicole

Mama Doe
I have noticed a sign up in P@H saying males are friendlier that females is this true?

Personaly I think it's down to the rabbits personality.

Just wonderd what others thoughts were.

I think its down to the rabbits personality too, females can be territorial so maybe thats what they mean :? though none of the females that I have had have been!

I think I have found that to be true. But I guess its really down to each individual Bun regardless of gender.

Janex

Maby they mean before neutering?
Dougal is not like he was when he was a baby, he likes his own space and will cone for a wee stroke and thats it. Mhairi will cuddle up to me for 1/2 hour at a time.

I have only ever had male rabbits so have nothing to compare it to but mine have always been incredibly soppy and friendly cuddle buns!

Beaney said:
mine have always been incredibly soppy and friendly cuddle buns!

All my boys have been like that too! :love: :lol:

I have generally found my males to be more friendly than the females I've had... think it's mostly down to the personality of the bun and if buns have been neutered/spayed or not.

I read somewhere that buns get on better with humans of the opposite sex - Male buns to girl humans. Maybe there's sommat in that?

Poppy is definatly the freindliest of my buns, she'll let you stroke her for hours :roll: and she does prefer men, Gus likes me more and can be very moody with other people :D

I only have a girl but she is more like a cat than a rabbit she is always on our lap for cuddles.
She really likes my husband even if hes not to keen on her.

Gus is definitely more friendly than my 3 girl bunnies - it could be that he was a single housebunny for so long and very spoilt and we also had him from being 6 months old

But I have read also that bunnies tend to form close attachments to humans of the opposite sex so maybe thats why - perhaps P@H assume more women than men are going to buy their bunnies :D

Angie65 said:
I read somewhere that buns get on better with humans of the opposite sex - Male buns to girl humans. Maybe there's sommat in that?

i think this could be true! when a strange female is around tobey, he will smell them and then binky and stuff. if a strange male goes near him he's really skittish and bolts away. not sure if it's to do with the fact that men (humans) are a bit more heavy footed and bulshy and women tend to be a bit more gentle....

I have that with Gus too - he loves it when any women come to see us, and usually fusses over them. If any man other than my dad or brother comes into the house though - he leaves droppings everywhere and won't entertain them!

sarahbarnsley said:
I have that with Gus too - he loves it when any women come to see us, and usually fusses over them. If any man other than my dad or brother comes into the house though - he leaves droppings everywhere and won't entertain them!

:lol: :lol: awwww

nah its down to the bunny i think i mean outdoors i wud totally agree with that but then bambi is indoors and shes probs the friendliest and also the most vicious :shock: :lol:

male or female

the friendliest bunny I have had has been male, he was so gorgeous, he was a black rex, I got him from the blue cross, he died a few years ago now but I still miss him sometimes. When you lay down on the ground he used to run over and lick your face and nuzzle your hair, he was so sweet.

I have one male at the moment and four females and james the boy is the friendliest, but having said that he was only eight months old when I got him so have had more time to get him tame. I did have one very sweet girl called chloe who died last winter she would lick your face and hop over to you as well, so maybe it does just depend on the rabbit. :D

I've def not found that!! Charlie had the most amazing temprement, but Lady Boo is really cool, very friendly ... and you all know what Tills is like - I think its fair to say she's friendliness personified :D X

With the opposite sex thing, all my animals, regardless of sex love me most rather than my boyfriend...but i think thats probably to do with me being the food provider! :lol:

I think that the belief that males are friendlier might stem from how stroppy/territorial some females can be- both Audrey and Rowan are veyr friendly, but Rowan is more chilled out and relaxed.

Back