• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I must stop looking

touie

Wise Old Thumper
at the freeads :oops:

I've just found a beautiful angora family on there :love: I hope they all find good homes
[edit - links removed]

Don't these angoras belong to a member of RU? If so, I am shocked she is advertising angoras on free ads. Is £20 a rabbit really worth it, its just beyond me. Also an "intact" angora for £10.00 who will probably end up going to someone who wants to make pitiful money from breeding from her and advertising her on free ads :roll:

Breeders are just as welcome to be members of RU as anyone else. Making judgements about the quality of home a rabbit will get just because it's owner is a breeder is very unfair! A breeder can check homes out just like a rescuer or pet owner can and the responsible ones do! Some breeders even have contracts similar to rescues. Please don't make sweeping judgements - it is just the same as someone judging rabbit owners as irresponsible just because a few are.

Tamsin

Tam, just to clarify my posting so as to ensure that there is no misunderstanding. My posting was clearly directed towards the advertising of rabbits on free ads and the type of individual who could end up with them. I am sorry that I appear to be a cynic. However, the recent cases I have been personally involved with of "welfare" back street breeders clearly show that all is not Disney Land in the world of breeders. I commend those breeders who themselves are clearly horrified in what goes on in this market and try to effect change. I certainly don't believe that my concerns regarding the free ads and the breeders who are attracted to this market place was a sweeping judgement. However, as it is your site, I stand corrected.

Finally, I hadn't realized that ravens-guest had personal difficulties which has resulted in her having to rehome her rabbits. I am sorry for her troubles. I am sure that some rescues would be willing to help her rehome her angoras than they go via free ads. If I can be of any help, please pm me.

Back