• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flower

bizzy_vicki

Mama Doe
Flower has been in foster with me for months now, she's just too big for people. They dont see her amaising nature but her size :roll:
Here are some gorgeous pics of her, she may well just have to stay!

Weeeeeeeeeee! mid binky!
PIC_0035.jpg

PIC_0059.jpg

Oooooo all those binkies are tiring work
PIC_0061.jpg

Oooooo I lurve my hay!
PIC_0062.jpg

PIC_0063.jpg

PIC_0064.jpg

Oooooo I luuurrvvvveee carrots more!
PIC_0065.jpg

PIC_0066.jpg

PIC_0069.jpg

mit said:
Wish i had a house bunny!!

m
xx

ps. Very Cute!

You should get one, house bunnies are ace :lol:

Very lovely bunny, I love the pic where she has her head tilted with the carrot :love:

She's a New Zeland White I think (she's the same as a NZW I had when I was a child and has the same gorgeous nature), she's bigger than my toy poodle! :lol:
Erm...I think she was about 3.5 kg when she was speyed, shes grown a little since then though.

Im sure someone will offer her a home soon as some people really like bigger buns, she looks lovely xx

That just shows what a fatty Rowan, the black rex in my siggy is- he weighs more than that :lol:

mandy said:
Im sure someone will offer her a home soon as some people really like bigger buns, she looks lovely xx

That just shows what a fatty Rowan, the black rex in my siggy is- he weighs more than that :lol:

thats what i was thinking about mine I've got 3 'medium' sized buns that weigh more than that! :shock: it would take a brave person to put Fudge on a diet though, maybe i need to strap him onto a treadmill :shock: :lol:

why do people expect rabbits to be small, I remember when i got Treacle and Fudge at 12 weeks and told my partner at the time I'd got 2 baby bunnies, he looked at them said some words that i can't repeat on here and said 'they're not babies' :shock: he's still moaning about the mess they left 2 years later :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think cos most members of the public see rabbits in pet shops and they're usually babies they don't realise how big they grow. Loads of people have said that Pippa and MJ are huge but they're not, just average dwarf lop size. Also the name 'dwarf lop' is so misleading, I really think the breed needs renaming as I know someone who bought one, put it in a 4 ft hutch and then complained because he grew so big, she was expecting a "dwarf". If more people were aware of the size then maybe so many wouldn't be mistreated and sold as pets for kids.

Your bun is gorgeous, love those ears!

Is she on RR? If not add her and let me know and I can stick her details on the front page for a while. She looks like the perfect housebun so hopefully someone will snap her up if her details get spread about abit. You could also try asking the RWA to do an appeal on their mailinglist.

Tam

kayjay said:
I think cos most members of the public see rabbits in pet shops and they're usually babies they don't realise how big they grow. Loads of people have said that Pippa and MJ are huge but they're not, just average dwarf lop size. Also the name 'dwarf lop' is so misleading, I really think the breed needs renaming as I know someone who bought one, put it in a 4 ft hutch and then complained because he grew so big, she was expecting a "dwarf". If more people were aware of the size then maybe so many wouldn't be mistreated and sold as pets for kids.

Your bun is gorgeous, love those ears!

Thats very true. I think most people connect the word 'dwarf' with netherland dwarfs who truly are tiny.

Belle was a dwarf lop, and at the time she was the biggest bun Ive ever had.

bizzy_vicki said:
Yeah, I think it should be made more clear the word dwarf relates to their ear size not finished bunny size :lol:

I didnt even know that! I always just tohught it was one of the quirky english word things when the name has nothing to do with it :lol:

maybe its just me.... none of my rabbits are 'small' and they all weigh less than 2.5 kg, did you know they average bunny weight is 2 kg? thats what I diducted from my own 'study' at work :lol:
I'll still call her a large rabbit :lol: 8)

Back