• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is Flopsy???

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
I thought she was a german lop but her coat has suddenly changed!!! does anyone know what breed she is??

this is an over-veiw of her

close-up of her coat

she looks like a piece of vet bed on legs

she looks like a lamb breed :lol: :lol: :love:

I don't know but Tracy had some buns in last year, I think it was, that had lamb coats like yours :wink:

I know some Holland Lops (I think you call them minis? They're they're dwarf lops) can carry the wool gene. Sometimes it show up if both parents have it. That's what she looks like to me.

Very cute!

what breed is flopsy

Hi :) the coat is similar to a castor rex :) I has 3 when i fist started out in bunnies many years ago (showing age here) BUT i have NOT seen it in a lop :shock: :? she certainly looks like a german lop :) sometimes breeders "experiment" by mating other breeds together (out crossing) to produce new lines :? perhaps this was to create a castor rex lop :shock: :?

Re: what breed is flopsy

rabshan said:
Hi :) the coat is similar to a castor rex :) I has 3 when i fist started out in bunnies many years ago (showing age here) BUT i have NOT seen it in a lop :shock: :? she certainly looks like a german lop :) sometimes breeders "experiment" by mating other breeds together (out crossing) to produce new lines :? perhaps this was to create a castor rex lop :shock: :?

Audrey is a castor rex and her coat isnt like that :?

Beth, are you sure its not just where she is moulting? :lol:

mandy said:
rabshan said:

Castor is just a colour of a rex,i have 3 rexes there coats are smooth,not wooley
She does look a bit sheep like :lol:

bluebunny said:
mandy said:
rabshan said:

Castor is just a colour of a rex,i have 3 rexes there coats are smooth,not wooley

Arent all rexes coats smooth? Im confused! :lol:

mandy said:
bluebunny said:
mandy said:
rabshan said:

Arent all rexes coats smooth? Im confused! :lol:
Yep

beckiboo186 said:
I was going to say .. isnt she just moulting and starting to grow her winter coat at the same time? :? X
i thought that :) she looks like she needs a good brush :lol:

bluebunny said:
beckiboo186 said:
I was going to say .. isnt she just moulting and starting to grow her winter coat at the same time? :? X

Maybe do give her a brush honey, then see what her coat looks like?! Might have changed again :lol: X

beckiboo186 said:
bluebunny said:
beckiboo186 said:

Maybe do give her a brush honey, then see what her coat looks like?! Might have changed again :lol: X

I brush her everyday!!!!!

click the pics to make them bigger

mandy said:
rabshan said:

her coat is all long and silky, it's really nice, i was wondering if it was her winter coat

Back