• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Fia - Update - she's ok, slow eating. Advice Plz

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
Hi All,

Just wanted to rally the troops and ask for some nice healing vibes for Fia as she is being spayed today.

The receptionist looked at me like I was a mad woman when I brought her and Zi in in one carrier with a spare carrier to put Zi in when they come home. She wondered why Zi was there at all and had to explain its cos they're bonded.

Then I handed her the bag with the Tupperware box of veg and the brown paper bag of hay I think she thought I was a bit obsessed :lol: I explained its to try and get her to eat when she comes round.

I have to ring at 2.30 to see if she is ok then picking them up at 5.

Send lots of vibes so she comes round ok.

Thanks!

Shiv

aaawwww hope Fia gets through her op ok and recovers quickly.
I remember the receptionist having a bit of a giggle when i told her Simba had his teddy in his carrier and id done him a packed lunch when he was neutered :wink: :lol:

Hi All,

Well here is a pic of Fia resting in her comfty cat basket in the hutch I have put in the kitchen so she can recover:

fiaresting.jpg

When I went to pick them up the nurse gave me back the box I had full of veg and dandelion leaves and there was nothing left. I asked if she had eaten the veg and she said she had but wasn't clear whether she had eaten it all or if they had Zion in there with her and he ate it all :? I am sure they would have made sure she ate though, the nurse was aware of the dangers of gut stasis.

Since she has been home she hasn't eat much. She has had a nibble of some hay, the outside of a greens leaf and nibble at a baby corn. I gave her some dandelion leaves this morning and she ate one so I am not too worried but she obviously isn't eating like she usually does.

She was given the gut stimulant and a pain killer before she left but they didn't give me anymore.

Should I only contact the vets if she doesn't eat anything? She is obviously trying and its giving me hope that once she is more up to it she will eat more but she isn't eating anywhere near the usual amount. She has been pooing though.

Also, when I open the hutch to feed her, Zi is dying to get into the hutch (although this is probably because of all the food she has) and she has been to the door a few times so I think they miss each other (Zi is free range in the kitchen so they can still see each other). If she has eaten something by later this morning/this afternoon (bf is at home)and more once I get home from work then can I open the hutch and let her have a walk around and let them be with each other again?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Shiv, Zi & Fia

As long as she is eating a bit and pooing a bit then I would let her and Zi be back together again. It will stress her out to be seperated and so less inclined to eat.
Esme was spayed on Wednesday. She only ate/poo'd a tiny amount for the first 24 hours but now she is back to her little greedy self!!
You only need to contact the Vet again if Fia stops pooing. I am sure that this time tomorrow she will be much more her old self :D

Janex

Ok I have told b/f to open the door to her hutch so that they can go in and out around the kitchen as they please. She has eaten another dandelion leaf since this morning but nothing else. I am sure Zi will eat all her food now though :roll:

I will see how she is when I get home from work.

Thanks Jane really appreciate the response.

ShivyRex said:
Ok I have told b/f to open the door to her hutch so that they can go in and out around the kitchen as they please. She has eaten another dandelion leaf since this morning but nothing else. I am sure Zi will eat all her food now though :roll:

Competition for food is often a good way to get a post GA Bun eating properly again!!

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
ShivyRex said:

Competition for food is often a good way to get a post GA Bun eating properly again!!

Janex

Oooo yeah that makes sense. I did think that when I posted last but wasn't sure. Fingers crossed its the case :)

Thanks

Back