• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can i ask your honest opinion?

I think they would be more than happy in a hutch that size :thumb:

I say go for it if you are happy to have them, but be prepared for the fact that you will probably end up with two pairs rather than a foursome.

rachael1969 said:
Its me again.......i wondered if you could give me your honest opinion on this.....

my two girlies are house buns, with the run of our hallway (we live in a bungalow) during the day, and the rest of the house when we are home!

I do have a 2 tier hutch sitting outside which is about 6l x 2.5h x 2d. I used to keep my two boys in there before i had to let them go :-( My bf then decided i could have 2 house buns instead and thats when i got my girlies.... :D

Anyway, what i wanted to ask you is, i am really keen to get another bun, maybe 2 buns, but it might not be possible to have them living as house bunnies due to the lack of room we have, and my two don't get spayed until 11/12/06. So would need those to settle down first.

I have been asked by a lady who lives near to me if i could take on a mother and daughter bun that she no longer wants!? (poor things). I dont doubt for one minute that if no-one takes them on she will have them pts :(

Do you think it would be cruel to keep these two buns in my hutch? i have a run also and would of course get them out for cuddles and a play when i got home from work.

Maybe in time i could introduce the 4 girls (when they have all been done) and they could happily live together in the house (will tell my bf later!!).

What do you think? I'm going to find it hard to turn these little buns away!!

"I used to keep my two boys in there before I let them go"!!! :shock: :shock: let them go where!!???!!!

If it's a Forever Home this time - go for it :thumb: If you aren't entirely sure, or circumstances change again, why not foster for a Rescue? All the bunny cuddles, none of the long-term committment :D

If the rabbits are going to be PTS then take them!
But I would warn you that a group of 4 girls could be potential VERY difficult.
Don't worry about them living outdoors - they will be fine. You could always upgrade the hutch or add a permanenet run later :D

Snowy, i actually said "i had to let them go" which meant they had to be put to sleep as they were both very, very ill.

Stupidly, i had bought them from a pet shop and i didnt realise how ill they were when i got them.

Why do people always assume the worst when statements like that are made!!! Everyone on here loves their bunsters, including me! :( :(

As you say, people on here love rabbits and want what is best for them, even so, there have still been people on here that have had rabbits, in hindsight, proved to be on a whim without fully thinking out what they were taking on - your statement 'had to let them go' could have meant several things, I think that snowy was just after clarification of where they went - maybe the exclamation marks were a bit excessive - before recommending that you take on more.
If you can cope with four and are happy with taking on two more then the hutch sounds lovely - maybe you could insist on taking anything that currently belongs to the buns too - as this will prevent temptation on their part.
Good luck.

rachael1969 said:
Snowy, i actually said "i had to let them go" which meant they had to be put to sleep as they were both very, very ill.

Stupidly, i had bought them from a pet shop and i didnt realise how ill they were when i got them.

Why do people always assume the worst when statements like that are made!!! Everyone on here loves their bunsters, including me! :( :(

I thought you meant "Let them go", not sadly 'went to the bridge'

"
quote="rachael1969"]Hi,

I had a similar experience with my two boys, they were both 13 weeks and in the space of an hour had started fighting.

From all the research i have done, and a great deal of advice from our local rescue centre, once two males fight, especially at such a young age then there is no going back. They need to remain separated.

Unfortunetly, because my two were house bunnies, i had to let them both go. They have now both been re-homed though which is fantastic :D

HTH xx[/quote]

I think this might be what confused Snowy. Did you also have these two boys who were rehomed?

Back