• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

is this a concern?

rachael1969

Warren Scout
Hiya everyone,

I noticed last night that the fur around Saffron's left eye was quite damp. It just seems to be in the corner of the eye. I have checked her eye and that seems fine, its just the fur that is wet.

This morning it was the same, if not a little wetter? She seems fine in herself.

Should i get her to the vets or keep and 'eye' on it??

Thanks in advance

I would make an appointment for the Vets. A watery eye is often a sign of a dental problem. Best get it sorted ASAP :)

Janex

she may have something in her eye..a bit of dust or similar..you could try bathing it with some cooled boiled water....she may have poked herself in the eye with some hay....or could be first sign of teeth problem...I'd keep a watch on it for a couple of days and if no better get a vet to have a look

Double check her eyes to be sure there isnt a stray strand of fuzz in her eye :wink: Simba and Nala have had that before and at first glance i dont notice it but if u get the light shining the right way on their eye i have found a fine strand of fur on their eye. Once removed their fur around their eye dries up.. i hope thats all it is and there isnt any dental probs. If you cant see anything on their eye at all and no fur poking the corners of their eye etc then as said probably best to get their teeth checked :wink: :?

only just seen this

gus had a "wet eye" which i thought wasnt usual - we had it checked out and he had an abscess behind his eye

i'd get it checked out just to be on the safe side

Back