• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

getting your bun in their cage/hutch

madysmummy

Mama Doe
how do you do it. we use my husbands old slippers and say 'Mady home' she so use to it now when she sees the slipper she normally runs in the cage.

:lol: :lol: well we hold the slippers in own hands and at first tried to shoo her in and also use them to stop her running the opposite way from the cage, now we just show her the slipper and she knows what we mean

we don't hit her with it if thats what you were thinking :shock:

Just say nose rubs (while standing in front of the cage) and he'll hop in (and get a nose rub)! Luckily Deej loves his cage and generally goes in at bedtime without any fuss (I always make sure there's hay in there and he'll happily sit down and munch away). :D

I say home while chasing them for around 3 laps of the garden :roll: They seem to really enjoy the chase and making me look silly, I can cope with up to 3 laps but when I'm still running round after 20mins I start to get rather stressed with them! :twisted:

quite simple with us just throw some sort of food in her cage shes soon in their like lightning :lol:

Mine are quite good, I let them out before feeding time so as soon as T&B hear the pellets hit the bowl, they're in and up the ramp :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sofia and Anastacia are pretty much the same... greedy little girls. Benji however, waits for me to pick him up and carry him back. I think its just because he love cuddles :oops: He's such a Mummy's boy... still :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

BirdieBun said:
quite simple with us just throw some sort of food in her cage shes soon in their like lightning :lol:

I use food too! Basically they have pellets in the morning in their cage and i give them their veggies in the evening when its bedtime.. they run up the stairs as soon as i come out the kitchen!! Altho lately simba has taken to hiding up downstairs but at least he's easy to catch so my bf usually brings him up if he gets left behind :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Food definitely is the easiest bribe! :wink:

Food! I save some of their evening meal for luring them in (although they are not locked in a cage, they have a bit of the room enclosed of to stop any mischief!

we don't hit her with it if thats what you were thinking :shock:[/quote]
No! I just couldn't imagine ehat you did - was picturing her fetching the slipper like a dog :lol:
Food is the answer! Failing that just stay up for hours on end till they go in and shut the door quick!

Pippa used to be a nightmare and it was a case of grab her when she wasn't looking. However now she has a hutch always open in a shed so I don't need to, a much less stressed bun and owner all round !!

When we lock our 3 up at night, we give them their daily dose of pellets. as soon as they see us coming, they are like a steam train to get into the shed thru the Cat Flap. One day they will realise that 3 rabbits thru 1 CatFlap at the same time dont work. :lol: :lol:

We rarely have any trouble getting them into the shed......

RUSSIANBEAR said:
When we lock our 3 up at night, we give them their daily dose of pellets. as soon as they see us coming, they are like a steam train to get into the shed thru the Cat Flap. One day they will realise that 3 rabbits thru 1 CatFlap at the same time dont work. :lol: :lol:

We rarely have any trouble getting them into the shed......

Aww i'd love to see that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: bless Daisy, Maisy and Mr Sniffs :love:

If Gus is downstairs he actually goes to the kitchen door at around 9.30pm and once its opened he takes himself off upstairs - he likes an early night like his mum!

Lola - we have to wait til she goes in her litter tray or tent and then carry her back upstairs - and we get a bad back in the process!

Bracken goes back in for a snooze after 30 mins usually anyway and Frida is easy - we just put a piece of spring greens in her pen and she comes dashing in to eat it! But we do have a padlock on her pen as she can open the gate - little terror :lol:

I cannot control my Pickle!!!

If I want him back in his hutch he will run as much as he can to avoid going back!!! Sure it will be different when he has a ladyfriend to go home with :wink:

Back