• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting Jake's Prescription- A Story to Give You a Giggle!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Jake has just been diagnosed as having Diabetes Insipidus. He has to start treatment on a drug called Dessmopressin. Christobel thinks it better to administer it via injection rather than via drops in the eye ( :shock: ) or a spray up the nose (can you imagin doing that to a bunny :shock: )
So the local pharmacy had to order in the injections for me. Well I have just been to collect them. Had to wait for the dispenser to sign them out and then at the top of his voice and in a full shop he yells
'Prescription for Jake the Diabetic Rabbit'........ :oops: :oops:
Everyone fell silent and stared at me :oops: I think they expected me to hop over the counter!! One old lady said to her friend 'Did he say that was for a RABBIT'......
I took the meds and made a hasty exit from the shop... :oops:

A similar thing happened a few months ago when collecting a prescription for the late, great Unky A. My reputation as the 'Mad Bunny Woman' is becoming all too well known...... :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Janex

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OH NO!

Awwwwww! Bless ya!

I can see everyone goin silent and turning around and whispering to each other, "did he just say rabbit?", "no way he said rabbit!". Crazy people!

m
xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: if someone had asked me if it was for a bunny I probably would have said " yes, of course :p ," while grinning madly :lol: :lol: I go around telling everyone I have 2 bunnies running free in my bedroom and sleeping on my bed :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know exactly how you felt Jane! :D I used to work as a veterinary nurse and often had to go to the pharmacy to collect various prescriptions for people's animals. Got used to sniggers and being whispered about when the pharmacist shouted "prescription for Snuffles the cat" or any other name/type of animal!! :lol: :lol:

That gave me and OH a laugh Jane, David wants to know if they asked if he paid for his prescriptions and did you get him to sign the back :lol:

I've had a bad day today and that's really made me laugh, thanks :D

:lol: :lol: that is soooo funny Jane, I can just imagine a poor old dear being totally confused by hearing that!!!

Back