• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns keep biting/nipping

Treacle44

Warren Scout
My dd (4 years old) is now getting a bit frightened of the buns as they've nipped her a couple of times when they've been out in the lounge. She's not the type of child to run around after them trying to pick them etc, she just sits on teh floor and waits for them to come to her.

She'll gently put her hand out for them to sniff her and as a result she's been nipped twice by 2 of the 3. :(

I've told her it's probably because she feeds them so they're expecting food, but is that actually the case? Can I stop it at all, don't want her to lose interest as she adores them. They're all neutuered btw.

T
x

Buns are so curious, most of them will bite something to see if its tasty :lol: If they are used to your daughter giving food then they are expecting it- even my lovely friendly Audrey bites me if i hold my hand out.

I would suggest she sit quietly with them and strokes them gently on the head- I would tell her not to hold her hand out unless she actually has food.

Thanks Mandy, very reassuring, it's just that I've only ever had boys before and never had this at all.

T
x

I think they might see fingers as carrots :lol:

It doesnt really sound like aggressive biting, which is obviously a good thing. Your girls are gorgeous :love:

Back