• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT. Help needed due to personal circumstances.

bilbo

Alpha Buck
Hey all.
Some of you know i took in two mini lops last week.
I need someone to take them as i am having financial difficulties.
The female is probably pregnant as tehy came in as an unneutered pair.
The male needs someone good with aggressive buns as he has just taken a chunk out of my foot :cry: (they live in the shed)
I hope someone can help me as i am sad to give them up but they are not getting the care they deserve.
:(
Emma

awww bilbo thats a shame XX If no one else can take aggresive boy bun he could come here until he has calmed down and a new home can be found XX

Phill said:
awww bilbo thats a shame XX If no one else can take aggresive boy bun he could come here until he has calmed down and a new home can be found XX

Thank you x x

bilbo said:
what would you do if someone turned up on your doorstep with two rabbits?
:?

arh i thought you were talking about the previous ones you had taken in, werent you trying to rehome those too :? ??

Oh no Emma, I dont mind aggressive buns myself but Im going to be fostering for a rescue soon so wont have space :(

Hope you can sort something soon...have you found homes for the other buns?

I am getting a bit confused now. A few days ago you asked for help re-homing Hope. This was offered and you declined.
You then offer Snowy your French Lop. Yet you say you have subsequently taken in two more mini lops. Unless you are refering to the two black mini lops. Well, I actually have the Doe who is at this very moment at the Vet being spayed

Emma things are obviously very complex for you at the moment and we all want to help your Rabbits. But we need to know the facts.

If you want help re-homing in a more confidential way then maybe PM me or some of the Rescues on here. They will of course need a donation to go toward neutering/vaccinating but maybe you could negotiate a payment plan with them.
Of course its none of my business but I would strongly advise you not to get any more Rabbits until your personal circumstances are more suited to the longterm care of them.

Janex

I dont plan to get any more rabbits. Yes i have offered a frenchie to Snowy and yes i did decline help with Hope. Hope is staying here now.
Its only these two and the frenchie if snowy wants him (if not he stays here).
Yes things are complex and no i will NEVER EVER be getting involved with rabbit rescuing/taking buns in EVER again.
Emma

bilbo said:
I dont plan to get any more rabbits. Yes i have offered a frenchie to Snowy and yes i did decline help with Hope. Hope is staying here now.
Its only these two and the frenchie if snowy wants him (if not he stays here).
Yes things are complex and no i will NEVER EVER be getting involved with rabbit rescuing/taking buns in EVER again.
Emma

if you want my help? its there if you want it you can pm me

Eve x

bilbo said:

I know how you feel. But - arm yourself with the numbers of Rescues & give those out instead. You can't save them all. (says the woman who can't say no! :oops: )

Sounds like you got a tough time. :(

Hi Emma,

I hope you find them good homes soon. People on the site should be able to offer you some help.

hugs,

Nic n Harv xxx

bilbo said:

It's awful to have to turn away animals - I ended up with my piggies because people asked me to take them in and I couldn't bring myself to turn them away but for your own sake and for theirs it is better to pass on rescue details instead if you dont have the money for the bunnies

I was offered 3 rabbits in the summer by a friend and I had to say no because I couldn't take on the extra commitment for the sake of my money and my other bunnies - but it was for the best

But my heart goes out to you as it must be difficult to have to give the lops up

bunnylove said:
were you not having finacial; diffciuties when you took them on then :?

awwwww no need to be nasty :( as she said someone turned up on her doorstep - good luck hun XX

I know exactly where you are coming from.Hindsight would be an excellent skill to possess!It is sooooo easy to take on to much with good intentions especially when they are dumped on you! Last year i had 1 rabbit left on my doorstep...last sat night i had three dumped on my doorstep at just gone 10 at night with a note attached :shock: :shock: so sometimes you do not get the choice to redirect to rescue!! :roll: you think you can cope then outa the blue our lives may change through no fault of our own and things have to change, go or give.Good luck emma in whoever you decide to rehome, the decision will never be easy.

hiya,

I can take the female possibly pregnant one if you want? I have experience of pregnant buns.I only have 1 hutch left though so would need the babies homed when their ready.I already have 2 from the birmingham rescue living here!!.let me know if i can help/

Back