• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many of you

KazPetts

Warren Scout
buy your rabbits (or other animals) christmas presents?

I was wondering because my kids are wanting to buy the bunnies and our dogs christmas treats. I know you can get those stocking things for dogs and cats and that is what we will be getting for our dogs but I have no idea what to get for the bunnies.

Can anyone recommend any good not to expensive bunny toys that stimulate their brains? and where to get them from please thanks

i buy all of them presents, including fish and stickinsects,

Irecomend jingle balls, treat balls and willow sticks/balls. You can give your bunny it's daily pellets in the ball instead of a bowl, it is more fun for the bunny, and they get a good reward :D

Also you can get bunny and guineapig stockings, but the ones from pets at home have those corn things in which are bad for them.

I'd get your children to make the Bunnies Christmas presents

A large cardboard box can be made into a Bunny house by up-turning it and cutting a 'doorway'

Stuffing cardboard kitchen roll inner tubes with hay

Do you have a fruit tree in your garden? Twigs from Apple trees are always a popular treat.

They could also make Christmas Cards to put on the Buns hutches along with a stocking filled with Veggies.

Janex

Personally i dont bother with all those special xmas stockings etc. Bunnybasics do some lovely healthy natural treats which mine love. They dont always get them on xmas day though.. usually its whenever they arrive :wink:

Hmmm, I'm a bit bah humbug about buying pets presents since I think its just a cynical ploy by the shops to get more of our money!
Anyway, my rabbits don't like toys (except willow stuff) and don't get commercial"treats". They would much rather get a big bunch of hay!

erm... I go a bit mad at xmas :oops: . there's some lovely xmas tree shaped natural cookies and eddible willow decorations at the hay experts and i'm also getting the bunny hamper from bunnybasics :D my bunnies are well and truly spoilt :lol:

This topic does surprise me!!!! I thought that I would be the only one not to be buying Albert and Poppy anything for christmas!!!! If we're lucky, I'll get something in a nice box and they can have that!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bah Humbug!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

eeeeek I wouldnt cope if I couldnt get my bunnies christmas pressies, theirs are more important than the families lol! and my family know that :lol: !!
I like being able to wrap them up in wrapping paper and watch them tear them open!- I do it for birthdays to! and I throw them little parties.

Pets at home are now stocking christmas pressies, and they have some nice stuff in.... the big stockings have those icky corn things in, but you can get smaller stockings which dont.

ooooo i do. i have just ordered 2 personalised stockings which i am going to fill with toys, treats and chews and will probably get them a 'big' present too (will also wrap in paper (probably that brown parcel stuff ) and fix it somehow so the bunnies can open their own pressies :D

i cant wait!!!!!

I have to get my babies presents, much as I hate Christmas :x

I'll only buy from Hay Experts and BunnyBasics

Thanks for the info there guys.
I will have to get some of that brown parcel paper now as i have just purchased 4 bunny stockings and some hay.
I already have some hay so I will use what i have in some cardboard tubes. I have plenty so will cut some in half and stuff them with hay.
I have just got a new bunny whom I wish to treat, he has a bed and I am very tempted with the rabbit blanky but want to know if it is ok for outdoor use?

Back