• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Papaya Tablets

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
I have received these today for my three fluffies. Nala loves them and ate hers and the other two's. I tried hand feeding Simba one and he kept attacking my hand or would bite a bit off and throw it away! Fifi just kept running away :roll: Any tricks to getting them to eat them ? :roll:

When I go Mhairi she hated them, so I put her on my knee and popped one in her mouth. Once she tasted them she liked it. It was the same with pinapple juice, I just squirted some in her mouth and she likes that too.

Put them in with their pellets? Sometimes they munch so fast I don't think they taste what they are eating :lol:

Tamsin said:
Put them in with their pellets? Sometimes they munch so fast I don't think they taste what they are eating :lol:
hmmmm good idea.. i'll have to try break it up into little bits maybe then he wont notice if i offer him a small pile of pellets in my hand with it in.
Fifi has eaten one now but simba still just bites it to pieces and throws it away! :roll: :lol: :lol:

mine love these!

trip didnt want to know at first but I broke on in half, let him smell it and he ate is straight away!

Dunno if I'm being thick here, but what are they for? I never heard of giving papaya tablets to bunnies before :? :?

Bundle said:
Dunno if I'm being thick here, but what are they for? I never heard of giving papaya tablets to bunnies before :? :?

They are supposed to be good for breaking down fur in their gut. Seeing as my three are long furred ive bought them some to try. I have been using kittymalt before but tablets would be alot easier :wink:

Aaah... thanks. Wonder if I should get some :? Bundle's coat is very thick and she moults like crazy, although Weed hasn't moulted yet and his coat is much thinner.

I guess you'd use them if they groom excessively? How would you know if they had too much hair in the gut? what should I look out for? Sorry for all the questions but I never heard of this before....

Thats ok. If they have alot of fur going through their guts you usually see poos that are linked together with fur.. bit like a pearl necklace :wink: sometimes theres just two linked together. I guess if u see these tho it means that it is passing through ok. There is no real way to tell if they have alot of fur in their gut. With my three if their poos get smaller i was giving them kittymalt to keep it all moving. I recently had a problem with Nala who became very unwell and im pretty sure it was caused by a blockage of fur so thats why im starting to give them these. There are a few other people on the forum who use them too. I got them from http://www.petlifeonline.co.uk/Store/Small Animals/Feed/Papaya Tablets

p.s. dont worry about asking questions :wink:

my two have these :D it took a while for gypsy to eat them as she is usually suspicious of anything new, but storm scoffed his like a treat :lol: they both love them now, i'm sure they would eat the whole pot full if they could :shock:
I'm sure they help. Storm has rather a lot of fur. his fur is very thick and he's a biiiiig bun. Gypsy spends ages grooming him and her poops got quite small or strung together with stormy fur. since taking these her poops have been mostly normal :D

Thanks for the info and for the link :D . I haven't noticed any pearl necklaces :wink: :lol: :lol: but will watch out for them and will probably order some of these in anyway just in case :D

When I first bought them for Bella and Benji, Bella ate hers straight away, but Benji just spat his out, I just left it in the hutch, the next time I went out it was gone, He loves them now :lol: :lol: :lol:

loopylop said:
Stick them in a peice of their fave fruit :D
hmmm ok i'll try a grape.. thing is Simba is so delicate at eating that he nibbles really tiny bits so will probably find it :roll: Will let ya know :wink:

Diddeen said:
loopylop said:
Stick them in a peice of their fave fruit :D
hmmm ok i'll try a grape.. thing is Simba is so delicate at eating that he nibbles really tiny bits so will probably find it :roll: Will let ya know :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds like Rudy, his grapes have to be cute into millionths before he will eat them.. Rofl :lol:

Back